Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Multilink for Inspire 2 W/Cendence remotes - does it really work?

Reaction score
I'm trying to improve the reliability of my video signal to my Cendence Slave remote. Both master and slave are Cendence remotes running either iPad Pro's or Crystal sky and 1 iPad Pro. As a side note, I find the iPad's to be more stable with zero disconnects vs the Crystal Sky will randomly stop working during flights and I have to reboot etc. Never fun when on the job!

Bottom line - Does the Multilink improve dual operations or is it a DJI joke??

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I'm trying to improve the reliability of my video signal to my Cendence Slave remote. Both master and slave are Cendence remotes running either iPad Pro's or Crystal sky and 1 iPad Pro. As a side note, I find the iPad's to be more stable with zero disconnects vs the Crystal Sky will randomly stop working during flights and I have to reboot etc. Never fun when on the job!

Bottom line - Does the Multilink improve dual operations or is it a DJI joke??
Sorry for sidetracking but I also have CS (not UB just Normal 1000nit) and the only thing which crashes from time to time is GO4 4.3.14. Is your CS actually crashing or just GO4 like on mine?

Sorry for sidetracking but I also have CS (not UB just Normal 1000nit) and the only thing which crashes from time to time is GO4 4.3.14. Is your CS actually crashing or just GO4 like on mine?
Hi,
Thanks for clarifying, yes the GO 4 is what's crashing, I may have had to reboot the entire unit once but that may have been my panic vs need to actually reboot the entire CS.

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying, yes the GO 4 is what's crashing, I may have had to reboot the entire unit once but that may have been my panic vs need to actually reboot the entire CS.
I still hope DJI comes up one day with a stable, bug free GO4 for CS. If they can do it for iOS and it works reliably on an old iPad mini4 why can't they make one work on their dedicated streamlined Android based CS?

I highly recommend rolling back your Go 4 app to version 4.0.8. Rock solid stable.

D

It is lacking some of the cool new features such as POI.

I don't do a lot of POI. When I do, I use GS Pro for that. But now you have me curious...

IMG_0033.PNG

Version 4.0.8 has all of the intelligent flight modes, including Tripod, etc.

IMG_0034.PNG

Out of curiosity, you are talking about the CS version, right?

I don't know what "CS version" is. Please clarify.

D

I don't do a lot of POI. When I do, I use GS Pro for that. But now you have me curious...

View attachment 25125

Version 4.0.8 has all of the intelligent flight modes, including Tripod, etc.

View attachment 25126

I don't know what "CS version" is. Please clarify.

D
By CS version I meant GO4 for Crystalsky. The current one is 4.3.14 and I do not think it is possible to roll back to 4 0.8 on Crystalsky. I use Crystalsky 1000 nit on Cendence, love the combo.

By CS version I meant GO4 for Crystalsky. The current one is 4.3.14 and I do not think it is possible to roll back to 4 0.8 on Crystalsky.

I've hacked the iPad to make it work for me (as opposed to working for Apple). So, despite Apple's Nazi-esque control they attempt to exercise over their products, I can roll back, roll forward, roll sideways, whichever app I wish. But I digress...

I don't have a Crystalsky. While I've heard good things regarding the screen quality, stories of instability litter the Internet. I can't have that on job sites...especially film. Those people are brutal. So, unfortunately, you are on your own with the Crystalsky.

Just curious...which OS does it run? I imagine Android, yes? If it runs iOS, we MAY be in luck.

Because Android is Open Source, I imagine that it's not as "Nazi-ish" with its apps, yes? I mean, you can probably roll back apps without a problem, correct?

I use Crystalsky 1000 nit on Cendence, love the combo.

I'm afraid that when it comes to nits, I just don't have a lot of wit. HA!!! Get it?!?!?! Bwahahahaha!!!!

Sorry...I crack me up. Back to more serious matters...

Basically my advice is moot, as I have zero experience with Crystalsky or Android versions of the DJI apps. So unless the Crystalsky runs iOS....<:^/

D

I've hacked the iPad to make it work for me (as opposed to working for Apple). So, despite Apple's Nazi-esque control they attempt to exercise over their products, I can roll back, roll forward, roll sideways, whichever app I wish. But I digress...

I don't have a Crystalsky. While I've heard good things regarding the screen quality, stories of instability litter the Internet. I can't have that on job sites...especially film. Those people are brutal. So, unfortunately, you are on your own with the Crystalsky.

Just curious...which OS does it run? I imagine Android, yes? If it runs iOS, we MAY be in luck.

Because Android is Open Source, I imagine that it's not as "Nazi-ish" with its apps, yes? I mean, you can probably roll back apps without a problem, correct?

I'm afraid that when it comes to nits, I just don't have a lot of wit. HA!!! Get it?!?!?! Bwahahahaha!!!!

Sorry...I crack me up. Back to more serious matters...

Basically my advice is moot, as I have zero experience with Crystalsky or Android versions of the DJI apps. So unless the Crystalsky runs iOS....<:^/

D
CS runs on sort of simplified or if you want streemlined Android. It used to be quite stable but the latest Crystalsky version of GO4 crashes more than any version before. Sometimes I have severals flight without a single problem and sometimes it just keep crashing. It must be a specific start up sequence which should be followed to make the whole system happy. I was not able to work it out as yet...

CS runs on sort of simplified or if you want streemlined Android. It used to be quite stable but the latest Crystalsky version of GO4 crashes more than any version before. Sometimes I have severals flight without a single problem and sometimes it just keep crashing. It must be a specific start up sequence which should be followed to make the whole system happy. I was not able to work it out as yet...

Can you roll back the apps? Sometimes this can be achieved by uninstalling the app and then simply installing an older version. This is what I would do in Windows or Linux or Apple's iOS. Have no clue with Android, but I imagine it operates much in the same way, yes?

D

Can you roll back the apps? Sometimes this can be achieved by uninstalling the app and then simply installing an older version. This is what I would do in Windows or Linux or Apple's iOS. Have no clue with Android, but I imagine it operates much in the same way, yes?

D
Upon resetting the CS back to factory settings GO4 4.2.16 seems to be the default, as that's the version which loads up after the reset. Then you get the incessant prompts to update every time you start up the GO4. Not sure if it is possible to go further back. I have to say that with the latest 4.3.14 it is not that bad and the crashes are not that frequent when the right start up procedure is followed, deliberately( which I still try to work out) or accidently

Upon resetting the CS back to factory settings GO4 4.2.16 seems to be the default, as that's the version which loads up after the reset. Then you get the incessant prompts to update every time you start up the GO4. Not sure if it is possible to go further back. I have to say that with the latest 4.3.14 it is not that bad and the crashes are not that frequent when the right start up procedure is followed, deliberately( which I still try to work out) or accidently

I'm faced with a barrage of update requests every time I start and DJI app. It's a small inconvenience to endure for the reliability. I've gotten so used to clicking past them that I don't even think of it any more.

Like I said, Go 4 app v4.0.8 has been the magic number. For the Inspire, I use the Go App, v3.1.8. Both apps are at least 1/2 dozen versions behind. But both vehicles are rock solid and NO tests or logins. If you think the constant reminders to update are annoying, wait until your drone is locked down because you're 50 miles from WiFi so you can't login!!! ARGH!!

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk