Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My battery died

Reaction score
After completing the latest firmware update on my Inspire 1, the second battery that I used would not fly my quad. My app showed everything was ready for takeoff, but the quad would not start. My battery, which was at full charge before I put it in the machine, showed, I believe, two green bars. I tried to shut the battery down, but it would not shut off. After trying this numerous times, I pulled the battery out. After doing this the battery would not turn on at all. When I got home I tried to charge it, but it won't respond. Have I ruined my battery? I appreciate any and all help.

After completing the latest firmware update on my Inspire 1, the second battery that I used would not fly my quad. My app showed everything was ready for takeoff, but the quad would not start. My battery, which was at full charge before I put it in the machine, showed, I believe, two green bars. I tried to shut the battery down, but it would not shut off. After trying this numerous times, I pulled the battery out. After doing this the battery would not turn on at all. When I got home I tried to charge it, but it won't respond. Have I ruined my battery? I appreciate any and all help.
Had you updated the firmware in the second battery? The 2 green LEDs and no red power LED indicates that the battery firmware was in the process of being updated and should have lasted about 90 seconds. You should also have had the DDDD beeps. On completion the power LED and all 4 LEDs should have come on (depending on your charge level). I recommend you reinsert the battery, hope that the update restarts and leave in for several minutes until it completes. You also need to repeat this process with all your other batteries.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
To begin with I would like to say Im no stranger to DJI. My fleet contains 2-Phantom 2 vision plus, 3-Phantom 3, F550 with A2 and Lightbridge and the newest addition to the fleet is the Brand New Matrice 100.

I suggest you all do more research before spending base 3400.00 USD for an item which you will not receive support for once it breaks or becomes defective.

To begin, right out of the box the RC for the Matrice 100 required a firmware update. It would not accept the firmware update leaving me in a situation unable to fly my new bird. Because if I fly the unit without the proper firmware, I am responsible if anything goes wrong. Ok, so i contact support (which by the way, is located in China) Matrice support is handled strictly by the dev.support team located in China. You only receive support VIA email, and it is in a horrible broken English and its clear they have a hard time understanding me as well.
after 2 weeks of emailing them about this issue I have gotten no help. Litterally, NO HELP. This is a brand new unit, never flown. And it looks like it may never fly.

Second, as i was installing the X3 camera and preparing for when I could fly, the battery went from 98% charged to 3% in seconds and the dji GO app reported "Critical Power Warning" WTF?
So i plug it up to the wall charger included with the Matrice 100..........and nothing. It will not charge. It is however reporting VIA the LED's on battery that it is overcharged.

Do i dare try and contact support? Of course I do. Ive spent close to 4500 USD on a piece of carbon fiber i can fit in the dishwasher.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT PURCHASING THE MATRICE 100. WHETHER ITS A GOOD PRODUCT OR NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET SUPPORT WHEN ITS NEEDED.

OH AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH DJI, SUPPORT TAKES AT MINIMUM 6-8 WEEKS. THIS IS NO JOKE, THIS IS REAL, YOU WILL WAIT 6-8 WEEKS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE LITTLE TO NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROCESS. AND MANY PEOPLE REPORT OF RECEIVING THERE PRODUCT BACK WITH NO REPAIR TAKEN PLACE.......JUST A BROKEN UNIT, NO EXPLANATION.

I know it may seem like Im down on DJI, Im not, but before you spend 3400 USD you should know what you are getting!

To be very clear once again, this is how DJI's support flows. As I know for fact:

-Phantom 3 series can use the live chat feature on DJI website. Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

-Inspire 1 series can also use the live chat feature on DJI website.Also some support out of LA office(if you can get through to them, ive been calling for three days, I get this message "Due to high call volume we are unable to help at this time try again later," then im hung up on"

All other DJI components like Lightbridge, Flight Controlers, etc are also handled through LA office (if you can get through to a rep you will find they are ill equipped for telephone support. It always ends in a RMA request. Returned Merchandise Authothorization (I think) THIS MEANS YOU ARE OUT YOUR AIRCRAFT FOR 6- 8 WEEKS MINIMUM. This may not seems so bad until its you, TRUST ME! And on top of that there are many forums with pissed customers who received their unit back and it was either fixed partially or not at all. And there is no explination for lack of service on many.

THIS IS THE SUPPORT YOU WILL RECEIVE AS WELL, YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL (I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU).

PLEASE THINK TWICE, MAYBE THREE TIMES BEFORE PURCHASING ANY DJI PRODUCT.

And finally the new MATRICE 100. DJI's top of the line RTF system. Support for this is as horrible as it comes. You will be dealing directly with the Chinese Support team. There will be a huge language barrier! it will take 2-3 days to get a response and I promise the response will infuriate you! YOU WILL NOT BE HEARD AND YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED

IF ALL THE ABOVE SOUNDS LIKE A VERY BALANCED AND FAIR SYSTEM OF SUPPORT FOR YOU.......THEN PLEASE VISIT THIS SITE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THIS MOST AMAZING JOURNEY.........http://store.dji.com/

Last edited:
To begin with I would like to say Im no stranger to DJI. My fleet contains 2-Phantom 2 vision plus, 3-Phantom 3, F550 with A2 and Lightbridge and the newest addition to the fleet is the Brand New Matrice 100.

I suggest you all do more research before spending base 3400.00 USD for an item which you will not receive support for once it breaks or becomes defective.

To begin, right out of the box the RC for the Matrice 100 required a firmware update. It would not accept the firmware update leaving me in a situation unable to fly my new bird. Because if I fly the unit without the proper firmware, I am responsible if anything goes wrong. Ok, so i contact support (which by the way, is located in China) Matrice support is handled strictly by the dev.support team located in China. You only receive support VIA email, and it is in a horrible broken English and its clear they have a hard time understanding me as well.
after 2 weeks of emailing them about this issue I have gotten no help. Litterally, NO HELP. This is a brand new unit, never flown. And it looks like it may never fly.

Second, as i was installing the X3 camera and preparing for when I could fly, the battery went from 98% charged to 3% in seconds and the dji GO app reported "Critical Power Warning" WTF?
So i plug it up to the wall charger included with the Matrice 100..........and nothing. It will not charge. It is however reporting VIA the LED's on battery that it is overcharged.

Do i dare try and contact support? Of course I do. Ive spent close to 4500 USD on a piece of carbon fiber i can fit in the dishwasher.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO THINK TWICE ABOUT PURCHASING THE MATRICE 100. WHETHER ITS A GOOD PRODUCT OR NOT, YOU WILL NOT GET SUPPORT WHEN ITS NEEDED.

OH AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH DJI, SUPPORT TAKES AT MINIMUM 6-8 WEEKS. THIS IS NO JOKE, THIS IS REAL, YOU WILL WAIT 6-8 WEEKS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE LITTLE TO NO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE PROCESS. AND MANY PEOPLE REPORT OF RECEIVING THERE PRODUCT BACK WITH NO REPAIR TAKEN PLACE.......JUST A BROKEN UNIT, NO EXPLANATION.

I know it may seem like Im down on DJI, Im not, but before you spend 3400 USD you should know what you are getting!
Will you please stop double posting which is against our forum rules.
Obviously, you have an issue with the Matrice 100 which you have made clear and posted in that section.
Duplicate posts are unnecessary in unrelated sections/threads on this board.

Any more and I will simply delete them.

Thank You.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Lol, yes the language barrier is real. I doubt the firmware update is required however, it may say that because there is a new version available. I know nothing about the matrice so I'd check their forum for info in case the version installed currently has major bugs or something and it really shouldn't be flown, but I've been flying the inspire for 8 months with the firmware update required message.

Reactions: DR1Drones
Yea mines great,
Absolutley, thanks for the advice. And best of luck to you and yours!
I intentionally didn't update, the newer versions had major bugs, removed features or added flight restrictions. No thanks! I'll keep the good version that works great for my needs.

I realize that some of us must go thru these issues in order to work out the kinks, and that's all good.
I do not mind being thrown in front of the bus, but be there to help pick me up off the road and fix me up.
?maybe i should stop jumping in front of the bus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido