Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Inspire 1 crash footage from Estonia! Final version. Footage from 3 cameras

Reaction score
All three videos packed into one!
Cam1- iphone 5s @ 1280x720p - 120fps
Cam2- canon eos 600d @ 1920x1080p - 25fps
Cam3- JDI X3 @ 3840x2160p 25fps

I found out that the problem was Sporadic GPS loss - Not technically 'GPS' loss but conflict with the compass (usually straight after take off that results in the craft dropping into Atti - Same question as above re firmware. As described on another thread: http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/list-of-known-issues-sticky-thread.898/

Last edited:
Ouch sorry to see that. At least it was fairly tame and into a snowbank. After a prop swap is everything all good?

Ouch sorry to see that. At least it was fairly tame and into a snowbank. After a prop swap is everything all good?
Thank god, everything is good after a prop swap. Otherwise it would've been 3K well spent... The main problem was that the compass wasn't calibrated outside, did it earlier while testing inside and it seems from the videos that the gps wasn't properly connected... Tho the signal said it was OK. I'll upload later video from the drone itself and from another cameraman as well.

Anyone else notice the t connector nuts are different ? Is this a new design or is his missing something ?

Anyone else notice the t connector nuts are different ? Is this a new design or is his missing something ?
Thanks for pointing this out, i'll post some close up pics of my copter, it does seem to have black nuts ?- seen on 2:26 in the video ?

I would say old/early design. The T-Connector nuts are a different colour (pre- production) and the camera does not have a hood/matte shade which was changed just before production to cut down on glare/Lens flares. That's assuming that the pic at the beginning of the vid is of the actual aircraft used.

btw @ the original OP..... You DO have a 'Kill switch' on the Inspire - Just use CSC on your TX and it will kill the motors immediately.

Unless this is not your craft at the beginning its def different your camera is diffent as well ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 65
If you claim to have 45 flight with the vision + how come you did not do a CSC shut down to avoid damage? Read the manuals before flying.

Reactions: Highrpm955
If you claim to have 45 flight with the vision + how come you did not do a CSC shut down to avoid damage? Read the manuals before flying.
The drone kept heading to my direction and my first reaction was to get it away from me. After that i did a csc, but as you can see it all happened real fast.

Mmmmm a lesson well learnt that you should ALWAYS perform a compass swing before each and every flight. I compass swing after each battery I fly..

I would say old/early design. The T-Connector nuts are a different colour (pre- production) and the camera does not have a hood/matte shade which was changed just before production to cut down on glare/Lens flares. That's assuming that the pic at the beginning of the vid is of the actual aircraft used.

btw @ the original OP..... You DO have a 'Kill switch' on the Inspire - Just use CSC on your TX and it will kill the motors immediately.
Sorry, man--gotta ask..I'm new to some of the lingo and abbreviations: what is the CSC on your TX?

Sorry, man--gotta ask..I'm new to some of the lingo and abbreviations: what is the CSC on your TX?
Combination Stick Command - It's what you do to start your motors but works instantly to kill them as well.

TX = Transmitter/Remote Control
RX = Receiver
:)

The drone kept heading to my direction and my first reaction was to get it away from me. After that i did a csc, but as you can see it all happened real fast.
What were your IMU and compass mod values from your checklist just prior to take-off?
What was the outside temp? (I notice snow on the ground)
How long did you allow the Inspire to acclimatise to the ambient temp?

Combination Stick Command - It's what you do to start your motors but works instantly to kill them as well.

TX = Transmitter/Remote Control
RX = Receiver
:)
Ah..thanks, man. CSC--the sticks at bottom inside corners, ya? Have yet to do this..I'm doing the auto-take off and land. Right on..good to know for sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207