Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire currently sits in 30' of water off star island in Miami.

A big issue for you will be finding it I suspect. My wife found a go-pro in about 70' of water off of Catalina Island about a year ago. It was a first gen digital GoPro and she recovered the SD card with no issues, was able to identify the owner from the pics and returned the camera and card to the woman that lost it. The woman had lost the GoPro in 2008.

Reactions: PB30X
I have heard that SD cards from 2004 tsunami were found after 4 months and they still have data for recovery on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soflms
Looks like I'm going diving tomorrow... Maybe I'll bring the gopro

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
At least you can sell all your footage to your client.Hope you can find it anyway,so maybe there are some spareparts

Reactions: B-Scene Films
I've heard from 2 dji sources it's completely pointless to retrieve. It's been there almost 18 hours now. And as an avid freediver I'd easily take on the challenge if it had a point.... Is it really worth it? For some carbon arms and maybe the plastics? I'm asking because I truly dont know if theres anything that would make a trip back down there worth while. the water there is usually murky, and tons of boat traffic. mostly tours
And no. No insurance.:( I'd love suggestions on companies and how much it costs. Also, there was no dive gear on board and we were on a tight schedule. At this point who knows where the ocean current brought it

Just your chip with footage, but that's worthwhile yes?

I dropped a phantom into the drink once. the unprotected go pro kept operating for 2 mins. I got the chip back with almost an hour on it

Do you guys think an SD card will really stand saltwater? I lost it last night, and the soonest I could possibly make it out there would be tomorrow...
I just got a bird in the shop that went into the drink just like yours. Almost an identical occurrence.
The bird was down for about 3 hours in about 15 feet of water. When the customer brought it in, It still had the SD card in it. He did wait three days to bring it in but I was able to pull the card from the camera with needle nose pliers because the corrosion from the salt had already seized the card in place. I did retrieve though and all data was still intact. Those SD cards are pretty darn durable. I would take a chance and try to retrieve your bird if possible

Trying to line up a boat out there tomorrow. we'll see how it goes...by the way, what's going on with DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography and that countdown timer? love everyone's advice and opinions. trying to line up a boat for tomorrow and check high tide for clarity....wish me luck fellas! its all for the footage of the boats n hoes!

Sh*t....So I should really go dive for my SD card...this is exactly why im on this forum. These guys specifically needed the 4K 24

Is @B-Scene Films correct with the 720p max res? or does it just play in 720p, but you can export it to 4k into itunes...?
Too late to help this time but whenever you have precious footage and are flying in a risky situation, swap cards so you only stand to lose the bird and not previously shot footage/images.
No need to send them out every flight.

...under slatwater?, yup, me too.
P2 and p2 with lightbridge sinked due to pilot error and extreme conditions...bummer.
No matter where you are, salt water ruins the bird, but no the card, probably corrupted last scene or take, but there's software to recover such data.
I made rescued scenes to hit the foxnews central, and they look awesome, guess you gonna be hunted with the image of the sinking bird, untill the video recorded hits the screen on the videoclip, good luck.

I hear the nexus 7 is bright, but i'd just want to make sure it gets charged off the controller when plugged in, like the smaller phones do.
The Nexus 7 (2nd generation) is bright, but not remarkably bright. I have two of them, and they are excellent tablets for the money (about $150 these days). And they do charge from the controller.

I was answering the OP, the best for him was just to pull his footage and see what exactly he'd get without recovering his card.

The main problem is I was doing this job for next to nothing. It was to have a few clips of a legit music video in my demo reel. So now we're talking even more time and money to go retrieve their footage. Wish I would have been using that little Phantom 3 standard for 699$. Lesson learned. Instead of that new imac, I'll be getting another MacBook pro JUST to keep with me to back up everything as I go. Or just have like ten 64gb memory cards but that way is a hassle. Kinda like 8 batteries to update... We'll... 7 batteries to update now :/

I have a lot of time under my belt and have been flying since I was a kid. I'm
Pretty decent at 3D flight on my trex 600 so this is just embarrassing... Lol I've always been known for getting tough shots and flying sketchy scenes etc. Guess it finally caught up with me. Hell... I'd rather have it on the ocean floor than be paying out of pocket for yacht damage. Looking into business insurance for the next time....

Last edited:
The main problem is I was doing this job for next to nothing. It was to have a few clips of a legit music video in my demo reel. So now we're talking even more time and money to go retrieve their footage. Wish I would have been using that little Phantom 3 standard for 699$. Lesson learned. Instead of that new imac, I'll be getting another MacBook pro JUST to keep with me to back up everything as I go. Or just have like ten 64gb memory cards but that way is a hassle. Kinda like 8 batteries to update... We'll... 7 batteries to update now :/

When doing such things it's maybe better to have a few 16GB(32GB) and change this when you place another battery.If you have anyway another battery!;)

Reactions: Ferdi and Soflms
Huppe that's a really Good idea. I wonder how quick I'd fill up 16gb shooting 4k 24

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont