Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire currently sits in 30' of water off star island in Miami.

Less quickly than it takes for your battery to run down. If you record an entire flight without stopping it takes about 8GB.

Reactions: Soflms
Huppe that's a really Good idea. I wonder how quick I'd fill up 16gb shooting 4k 24

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
That's why I stated 32GB also.Better safe than sorry!And you keep at least most of your footage safe.I have a shoot Sunday and I will have at least 5 SD cards,just in case.

That's why I stated 32GB also.Better safe than sorry!And you keep at least most of your footage safe.I have a shoot Sunday and I will have at least 5 SD cards,just in case.
The question is... Inspire with stock cam? Or inspire 1 pro?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So my question is...Moving towards turning this into a full time occupation i'm highly debating flying a GH4 on an X8 configuration (for redundancy) , or buying the inspire that comes with no camera, battery or controller, and going for the zenmuse X5. If the matrice 100 was an x8 I would highly think about going that route. I still have a thought in my head, that as I watched my inspire spinning out of control towards the water that I had snapped a blade. For the first time I understood why there is the need for redundancy.

I'd like a very cinematic look, but also keep in mind i'm still learning video editing and color correction, grading etc. I've been producing music for years, and pick up on software rather quickly, but if one of the cameras simply makes it easier to get a cinematic effect without spending weeks doing post, i'd probably rather go that route. Thoughts between the gh4 and the new camera for the inspire? (x5)

Last edited:
Are you going to recover the footage after all?

To your question, I guess if you are going the full time job route and have good jobs ahead, I'd go for the octo route, quadcopter is not safe enough to save it's *** in a case of motor failure or blade failure.
But is a lot more expensive than a vanilla inspire, even the pro.

Are you going to recover the footage after all?

To your question, I guess if you are going the full time job route and have good jobs ahead, I'd go for the octo route, quadcopter is not safe enough to save it's *** in a case of motor failure or blade failure.
But is a lot more expensive than a vanilla inspire, even the pro.

too big, too noisy, too large to land in some places. Most of the larger companies have been switching to x8's lately, saying that they've had s1000's spin when a motor goes down...

It's not that easy, I dont have a boat down there. I've working on arranging something since 7 am... it's star island. you cant exactly just walk into the neighborhood and walk off the beach. you'll get shot by p diddy's hitmen. HA

I have managed to line up a hookah rig so I can spend my time. looks like it'll have to spend another night. Hopefully it's a mighty strong little SD card. because the videos I took off the GO app are definitely laggy and 720p

Believe me guys, theres nothing i'd rather be doing right now than diving for my dead inspire with the bull sharks :)

too big, too noisy, too large to land in some places. Most of the larger companies have been switching to x8's lately, saying that they've had s1000's spin when a motor goes down...
Sorry, I thought with x8 you were referring to octo's in general, didn't know it's a model itself.

How much the whole x8 solution would cost without the camera?

X8 is the general motor arrangement, not a particular model.

BTW I don't like X8s because if you hit one prop you obviously hit the other one too and the advantage becomes nothing at all.

Depends which one you buy...something like this, or another inspire with the zenmuse x5 on the inspire

That's a GH4, i've talked to the dude that owns it. says he gets 20+ mins flying time and with dual batteries over 30

They sell that x8 at hobbyking belive it or not, but you cant hate on that, because they also sell the inspire ;) I think its like 699$ with electronics no naza etc

Maybe the best bet is to just have an inspire upgrade the camera later, and the phantom 3 standard to fly over water..

Attachments

• 16158587358_d771a53ca0_b.jpg
    16158587358_d771a53ca0_b.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 45
X8 is the general motor arrangement, not a particular model.

BTW I don't like X8s because if you hit one prop you obviously hit the other one too and the advantage becomes nothing at all.
OK, That's when you have 4 arms with 8 motors? but S1000 has 8 arms and when one motor fails, it starts to spin but you still have control over it. On the other hand is you lose a motor on the inspire it falls like a brick.

Well if anyone in south florida has a boat, and wants me to pay for gas and the beer let me know. I'll bring the dive gear

Otherwise im about to tweet Rosie O'Donnell and ask her to launch a kayak from her backyard lol

Last edited:
Believe me guys, theres nothing i'd rather be doing right now than diving for my dead inspire with the bull sharks :)
Well if you get it let us know!
Can't help you with any boat from here.Otherwise I would go out tomorrow and help you trying to get it

Reactions: Soflms
If I was there you wouldn't have to worry for those bullsharks either when I showed them my face.It still scared the h*ll out for myself every morning for the mirror:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool