Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Mavic to Inspire 2 transition

Reaction score
It took me quite a long time (months) to get confident with my Mavic Pro. It felt like the two of us needed to build some trust with each other before I could really enjoy flying and videoing my surroundings. Once I decided to purchase my Inspire 2 I figured that confidence would transfer to the new bird. In my case that was not the case and it feels like I'm starting all over.

Here are a few items that I think contribute to me feeling like it's going to take some time to get comfortable with the I2.

First of all, the I2 is massive - well, at least compared to the Mavic. The I2 is VERY noticeable when flying. I stay away from people and property, but on more than one occasion, I have had people stop their cars and come over to check it out for themselves. With the Mavic, I normally fly anonymously and have never had to worry about people freaking out or getting curious - not so with the I2.

I'm in Arizona and love to video mountain passes, lakes and stuff we find in AZ. I never really thought too much about the cost of a crash with the Mavic due to its relatively low replacement cost. With the I2, I get the pucker factor every once in a while when flying some of the same routes I do with the Mavic. I notice myself tallying up the max loss as I fly over the lake by my house - And if you're curious, it's about 8 Mavic Pros :)

I just find it interesting how I think about different things depending on which quad I fly. Just wanted to pass along what I found and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Yep...no pucker factor with the Mavic...I2 I fly completely differently. Much more calculated flight patterns. She’s a big gal compared to the Mavic.

Reactions: Mr Mister
I have both myself and have had no issues with either except for the sloppy red props on the I2 that I ditched for some carbon folding props that have been great. I too was a little more cautious with the I2 at first but not so much anymore.

Reactions: Mr Mister
Yep same here, the I2 hasn't given me a reason to doubt it yet and confidence is growing just like with the mavic.

I have had both now for 6 months, much more confident with the I2 when filming especially, both fantastic bits of kit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033