Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My video will be on National TV, "The Voice"

Reaction score
Well it turns out that the speedway I film for was the host of the "homecoming" of one of the contestants to "The Voice," Sewyer Fredericks. I was there with my quad shooting video of the 5000 people and the parade for the kid. I was approached by the producers of "The Voice" for permission to use my footage on the TV show. After signing some releases I copied my 31gbs of video to them and that was it. They told me the footage will be on the show for sure.

I was under the impression that they could not use the footage because it was from the quad but they said they absolutely can because everyone in the arena signed releases for video and insurance. I also did not charge them anything with hopes of just getting in the credits. They were super happy with my work and said they will actually be getting in touch with me in the future. I believe the show is on mondays and tuesdays but I am not sure since I do not watch.

Sewyer2.jpg Sewyer1.jpg

Dope! I'd have charged them though, shows like that have HUGE budgets.

I had opportunity to shoot a contestant on American Idol. I got OK from local PD but not the owners of flat roof building I wanted to launch and shoot from so as not to fly over people. Had to scrap because of safety. Oh well and congrats for your success. Where was the shoot?

It was all spur of the moment and they wanted my card so I got my foot in the door. I filmed at the Fonda Speedway in Fonda NY. I felt like almost as big a celebrity as the singer. Everyone loved the quad. Fire department, State troopers, the Producers, three different news channels and the town government all wanted my cards. Great day.

It was all spur of the moment and they wanted my card so I got my foot in the door. I filmed at the Fonda Speedway in Fonda NY. I felt like almost as big a celebrity as the singer. Everyone loved the quad. Fire department, State troopers, the Producers, three different news channels and the town government all wanted my cards. Great day.
Good news mate, great stuff.

Right place right time :)

Cool beans, man! Congrats! Just one thing...

Does your T-shirt actually say, "Friends don't let friends eat at Dunkin' Donuts?"

For our non-US Inspire compatriots: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/dunkindonuts/en.html Notice colors and font match.
Haha no way, quite the opposite. The shirt reads friends don't let friends drink Starbucks! It's a Dunkin shirt. I may know a guy. :rolleyes:

Congratulations mate and I wish nothing but the best for ya!
I've got a gut feeling that this day will open a lot of doors for ya.
Good luck man!
Thanks brother. You are right too. Nothing but calls for the past three days booking events. Business tripled.

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry