Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Near total loss of video signal

Reaction score
Hi. I have just recently had an increasing loss of video signal to the point that it is now 90% no signal, even with the controller sitting right beside the Inspire. I have re-installed the app, I'm using the latest iPad and I never take the camera off so I'm fairly sure that the pins aren't compressed. Any ideas as to what this might be?

Try removing the sd card and see if the signal improves.
If it does try cleaning the sd card pins with an eraser and fully insert it back into the camera.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I had a play around with the contact plate on top of the camera and it seems that that is the problem. Had to unscrew it a little. Not sure that it's a great solution mind you. Is there a more permanent fix for this or is it a return to DJI thing?

Video feed to the 2nd op has been broken for ages - heaps of people having the same issues.

I never did any updates because I am reading tons of people having problems after it. And I just bought the animal a week ago.

Try removing the sd card and see if the signal improves.
If it does try cleaning the sd card pins with an eraser and fully insert it back into the camera.
in what way does the sd card affect video signal? My signal strength is the same whether i have an SD card inserted or not. your statement has me very confused.

well my problem is that I can not get the slave unit to keep a signal. I have read all over about the firmware updates. Also read where someone updated their firmware and it was not an easy task and in some cases created additional problems. im just trying to figure out why my second controller , the slave wont keep a video signal

in what way does the sd card affect video signal? My signal strength is the same whether i have an SD card inserted or not. your statement has me very confused.
A faulty or partly inserted SD card can cause the video signal to be lost, I know this from experience!

what tablet do you use and what version of firmware and app do you run? I could be wrong but it seems to me like apple is having the most video signal loss issues on the firmware before the one that was released yesterday from what ive been reading if i remember right. if you have apple and if possible id try using an older version of the app.

did not think the pad could be the difficulty, but I am no authority on that. I bought two of brand pads called ASUS.

A faulty or partly inserted SD card can cause the video signal to be lost, I know this from experience!
interesting. I find that very strange considering that an SD card should in no way affect signal transmission that I can think of, very very curious issue indeed.

interesting. I find that very strange considering that an SD card should in no way affect signal transmission that I can think of, very very curious issue indeed.
Quite simple really, it prevents the camera from initializing completely and thus no video signal.

Quite simple really, it prevents the camera from initializing completely and thus no video signal.
mine doesnt have that problem, ive forgotten to insert my card a couple times because i remove it to back it up almost daily and dont realize its not in there till im up in the air and press the take picture button and nothing happens, DOH, lol!

the moment I get my slave unit as far as 10 feet away from the master or craft , I loose video on it . It still operates the gimbal but no video

hrm, not sure what to tell you then, maybe if you did update it may fix it but im leery of updating myself until other people report their experiences with the new version. Ive never used a second controller but i think farnk666 might be on to something, seems like ive read about it being a common issue but i dont remember the fix, or if there is one. hopefully someone else can help you more. Honestly i dont see a real need for a second controller, its quite easy to control the flight and camera from one after a bit of practice.

yeah the second controller was so that my wife can be involved in the video process. For $500 it should work and the big sell is the second controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop