Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need some tips for buying a used Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hey folks, brand new here. Needing some help as I'm looking a purchasing a used Inspire 2 setup. I found a really nice looking setup on DroneTrader.com | Buy and Sell Used, Salvage, and Refurbished Drones but just wondering what kind of questions I should be asking (other than the obvious ones "has it been crashed" etc.)

Any recommendations as to what I should be looking for and what kind of questions to ask? I know buying used there is always a risk but there are some pretty good deals to be had vs buying new...

Thanks for any help!

Without a chance to personally examine the unit for signs of abuse and to perform test flight, the risk of buying a lemon quadruples. What's the flight log history (how many flights to date), how old the batteries are (charging cycles)? The unit may be in mint condition regardless it's age, but how stable flight is? How stable is hovering?

The problem is that only experienced Inspire 2 pilot may be able to perform pre-flight check and test aircraft performance during flight ...

The word "Salvage" in the title sends flags to me. If possible buy from someone reputable and trustworthy. If you are close enough to the seller to examine the unit is the best option. Where are you located? If you are close to Texas, contact me about the Inspire 2 I have for sale.

Reactions: canada1000
Hey folks, brand new here. Needing some help as I'm looking a purchasing a used Inspire 2 setup. I found a really nice looking setup on DroneTrader.com | Buy and Sell Used, Salvage, and Refurbished Drones but just wondering what kind of questions I should be asking (other than the obvious ones "has it been crashed" etc.)

Any recommendations as to what I should be looking for and what kind of questions to ask? I know buying used there is always a risk but there are some pretty good deals to be had vs buying new...

Thanks for any help!
Personally I prefer to buy and sell only in person. That would become more important as the value of the drone increases. In person, you can go through an entire test flight to ensure that everything is as advertised. Never hand over money until you are satisfied with what you are purchasing. Also know what to look for, or have an experienced pilot with you who can fully test it out.

Other that that, if you do purchase over the Internet, I would recommend buying from someone with a known good reputation, like on these forums. Past reviews of transactions from that person would be good.

Where are you located?

@canada1000 we have a pilot that is currently trying to sell his Inspire 2 and X5S setup with extra batteries. It only has been flown 4-5 times and is in very good condition. We would be willing to send you detailed pictures and whatever else was necessary to make you feel comfortable about the purchase. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
Cody

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips