Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Beta released

I was lucky enough to be one of the 300 selected to test the Beta version of the firmware update. After reading all this I think I’ll go ahead and try it. Before I was hesitant about updating my I2 after the last one. I had to downgrade my firmware after the last one to the previous version to get rid of all the bugs that were in it.

I was lucky enough to be one of the 300 selected to test the Beta version of the firmware update. After reading all this I think I’ll go ahead and try it. Before I was hesitant about updating my I2 after the last one. I had to downgrade my firmware after the last one to the previous version to get rid of all the bugs that were in it.
Overall in comparison to the last two, this new beta seems pretty good.

Not perfect but much better

I am a little hesitant to try this new version after having problems with the last version. Still trying to decide whether or not I am going to update my I2.

Not necessarily, we just don't know how many Inspires are affected by these bugs and how many aren't. We know for sure that some pilots don't experience any abnormalities, and they don't show up here.
Those who aren't experiencing the uncommanded craft yaw are not doing what it takes to recognize it because it's very subtle. Anyone who puts a 45mm lens on the bird, puts up in the air... picks a target a few hundred feet away and watches the edge of the Go4 app display screen, will see the very slow yaw and image moving from either right to left or vice versa... it's consistent among all Inspire 2s... why? because it's the same hardware and firmware across all the Inspire 2s...

I also have the doubt whether to go to .300, do you recommend it?
@ slim.slamma what do you mean by "not perfect"?
Now I'm flying with the .100 is not bad, the .200 is horrible to remove from updates!!!
It’s a difficult decision and I am not sure whether to use the new version or not at this point. I think I’ll give it a try and if I don’t like it I’ll switch back.

Those who aren't experiencing the uncommanded craft yaw are not doing what it takes to recognize it because it's very subtle. Anyone who puts a 45mm lens on the bird, puts up in the air... picks a target a few hundred feet away and watches the edge of the Go4 app display screen, will see the very slow yaw and image moving from either right to left or vice versa... it's consistent among all Inspire 2s... why? because it's the same hardware and firmware across all the Inspire 2s...

In version .300 I don’t think it’s aircraft yaw, just gimbal yaw. I was playing with it on the ground and would yaw the aircraft by hand and the gimbal would follow. The aircraft would be left alone not moving and the camera seems to continue its yaw movement. Almost as if it’s trying to smooth out the yaw curve to come to a stop but never hits the zero point of where it should stop.

This is significantly improved in .300 compared to .200 and I would suggest significantly harder to spot unless you go looking for it.

In version .300 I don’t think it’s aircraft yaw, just gimbal yaw. I was playing with it on the ground and would yaw the aircraft by hand and the gimbal would follow. The aircraft would be left alone not moving and the camera seems to continue its yaw movement. Almost as if it’s trying to smooth out the yaw curve to come to a stop but never hits the zero point of where it should stop.

This is significantly improved in .300 compared to .200 and I would suggest significantly harder to spot unless you go looking for it.
So in your opinion is it wise to update the firmware to.300? I haven’t done it yet because I was waiting for feedback on it before I did. Sounds like it is an improvement over .200!! After I get home I’ll give it a try and see what I think about it. I can always downgrade if I don’t think it’s a better version.

So in your opinion is it wise to update the firmware to.300? I haven’t done it yet because I was waiting for feedback on it before I did. Sounds like it is an improvement over .200!! After I get home I’ll give it a try and see what I think about it. I can always downgrade if I don’t think it’s a better version.

Well. Yes. I would use .300 over .200 and over .100. But I don’t use prores and high function / advanced license stuff so I can’t speak to that part.

I was using .200 for a while and it’s horrific. .100 was bearable but still not ideal. .300 seems stable and very usable. I was reading on the DJI forums that others are still seeing the camera glitch once in a while in special cases. So in my opinion .300 is a very big improvement but it’s not perfect for what appears to be gimbal control still. At least with the x5s

I’m have not found a reason to revert back to .100 if that tells you anything. The gimbal yaw drift I’m seeing is very tiny and for video you can work around it if every other part of .300 is good for you. For long exposure stills it will be an issue.

Last edited:
Well. Yes. I would use .300 over .200 and over .100. But I don’t use prores and high function / advanced license stuff so I can’t speak to that part.

I was using .200 for a while and it’s horrific. .100 was bearable but still not ideal. .300 seems stable and very usable. I was reading on the DJI forums that others are still seeing the camera glitch once in a while in special cases. So in my opinion .300 is a very big improvement but it’s not perfect for what appears to be gimbal control still. At least with the x5s

I’m have not found a reason to revert back to .100 if that tells you anything. The gimbal yaw drift I’m seeing is very tiny and for video you can work around it if every other part of .300 is good for you. For long exposure stills it will be an issue.
You took the words right out my mouth:)

Still work to be done but .300 is pretty stable.

Thanks for your input and I agree with you about.200 being terrible and that’s why I returned to.100!! I think I’ll go ahead and update my firmware to.300 and see how it goes. I still have a hard time understanding why DJI can’t get it right for one of their more advanced drones. I think they have concentrated all their time on the Mavic Pro 2 and not on the problem with the Inspire firmware updates and that’s why we’re at this point. It’s all about the money for DJI with their consumer drones.

I updated to .300 last night, as it was in assistant 2, like others suggested. I haven t had the chance to fly, but plan to do some testing later this afternoon. I hoping the results are better than .100 and .200

Reactions: slim.slamma
IMG_0028.jpeg
I've updated today to 300 beta version, first flight, and it doesn t look bad as an update, better than 100, good compared to 200. But it's still better for improvement.
Here are some details:
- Quieter gimbal on the move
- WB balancing auto more precise
- Better stable on hovering
- Quick Spin works perfectly
- In landing, the gimbal stays still, not rotating 180°
- On hovering the camera seems to continue its yaw movement slowly to dx with 15mm, with 45 mm, it's more noticeable, less than .200
- No error landing gear status
- Reversed Infinite symbol with macro in manual fire, transparent banner

This is significantly improved in .300 compared to .200, I would like to do more flights to see improvement and find other problems.
I'd like to recommend this update .300 beta seems stable and very usable.

Last edited:
View attachment 22594
I've updated today to 300 beta version, first flight, and it doesn t look bad as an update, better than 100, good compared to 200. But it's still better for improvement.
Here are some details:
- Quieter gimbal on the move
- WB balancing auto more precise
- Better stable on hovering
- Quick Spin works perfectly
- In landing, the gimbal stays still, not rotating 180°
- On hovering the camera seems to continue its yaw movement slowly to dx with 15mm, with 45 mm, it's more noticeable, less than .200
- No error landing gear status
- Reversed Infinite symbol with macro in manual fire, transparent banner

This is significantly improved in .300 compared to .200, I would like to do more flights to see improvement and find other problems.
I'd like to recommend this update .300 beta seems stable and very usable.
I intend on upgrading to.300 today and see how it performs with a few flights and then I’ll submit a review. I sure hope it’s better than.200 because it was totally flawed and I had to downgrade to.100 in order to get any reliable flights. I guess I’ll find out after a couple flights??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters