Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Beta released

I intend on upgrading to.300 today and see how it performs with a few flights and then I’ll submit a review. I sure hope it’s better than.200 because it was totally flawed and I had to downgrade to.100 in order to get any reliable flights. I guess I’ll find out after a couple flights??
I was in your situation, as the first impression .300 is not bad, but I want to do more flights. We're waiting for your review

I was in your situation, as the first impression .300 is not bad, but I want to do more flights. We're waiting for your review
Updating as I am writing this and what really bothers me is how many cycles have I wasted doing firmware updates and then downgrading back and forth? There’s only a limited number of cycles on each set of batteries and it has taken quite a few to simply do firmware updates again and again.

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
Updating as I am writing this and what really bothers me is how many cycles have I wasted doing firmware updates and then downgrading back and forth? There’s only a limited number of cycles on each set of batteries and it has taken quite a few to simply do firmware updates again and again.
Yes, indeed. Too Long, a lot of updates, and being afraid something bad is going to happen. Let's hope it s the right road, fingers crossed!

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Yes, indeed. Too Long, a lot of updates, and being afraid something bad is going to happen. Let's hope it s the right road, fingers crossed!
I agree with you about the length of time that it took. 2 remotes( Cendence and stock) 2 different cameras (x4s and x5s), 10 sets of batteries, and 2 different monitors (iPad and 7.85” crystal sky monitor) and they all had to be updated!! GEEZ, it took almost an hour and a half to get it all done. And you’re absolutely right I have my fingers crossed that it’s going to be the one that ends this nightmare for updates!!!!!!

Last edited:
All upgraded - working perfect - no issues
0.300 - an improvement to the app too - much better full screen view - like a pro monitor with all the necessary info.

All upgraded - working perfect - no issues
0.300 - an improvement to the app too - much better full screen view - like a pro monitor with all the necessary info.
No issues right? Did you mean with upgrading or actual drone flying. Because there are a few bugs already reported by beta testers.
1. Each time I do touch-to-focus, AE lock warning yellow banner pops up even though I have no AE lock active.
2. Upon panning the gimbal with right wheel on Cendence and stopping suddenly the drone reacts with a massive yaw kick.
3. All lenses in MF change the focus from infinity to close focus all by themselves, potentially and likely ruining each video clip during which this happens.
4. Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode controlls actually aircraft yaw motion responsivnes and it does nothing to gimbal itself. I was hoping that this would control how precisely or loosely would the gimbal follow the aircraft when yawing. That would be actually what it says it does, and very useful tool to have for a smooth cinematic panning when single op.
Those are just a few "little" issues with .300.
And finally FYIO, this FW has absolutely nothing to do with GO4 and the way it looks or how its full screen looks. This version of GO4 has been around for a while independently from beta.300 FW.

Last edited:
No issues right? Did you mean with upgrading or actual drone flying. Because there are a few bugs already reported by beta testers.
1. Each time I do touch-to-focus, AE lock warning yellow banner pops up even though I have no AE lock active.
2. Upon panning the gimbal with right wheel on Cendence and stopping suddenly the drone reacts with a massive yaw kick.
3. All lenses in MF change the focus from infinity to close focus all by themselves, potentially and likely ruining each video clip during which this happens.
4. Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode controlls actually aircraft yaw motion responsivnes and it does nothing to gimbal itself. I was hoping that this would control how precisely or loosely would the gimbal follow the aircraft when yawing. That would be actually what it says it does, and very useful tool to have for a smooth cinematic panning when single op.
Those are just a few "little" issues with .300.
And finally FYIO, this FW has absolutely nothing to do with GO4 and the way it looks or how its full screen looks. This version of GO4 has been around for a while independently from beta.300 FW.

I tested all your issues just now
1: touch focus - I assumed it was to note that you have archived focus - I personally don't mind
2 no issues here - all working (X7 35mm)
3 no issue here - all working (X7 35mm)
4. yes it does affect flying - I wouldn't use that setting unless you have a massive space

these are quirks /issues I have:
1 when using focus peak, the video is laggy
2. hover still not locked as a mavic
3. EI mode not applied to cDNG (I suppose its works in Progress RAW)
4. certain functions in the buttons assignment on Cendence - don't works ei camera down /focus assist /

just my observations for now

the hover circle parameter on 0300 fw is set at 0.6m. You can tighten this up so it hovers like a mavic but the video quality will be that of a mavic. The 600mm circle allows for the cinamatic feel. Thats why a lot of pilots shoot in atti.

I'm liking 0300 so far. Have not noticed some of the above issues but will test these next time out. ;)

the hover circle parameter on 0300 fw is set at 0.6m. You can tighten this up so it hovers like a mavic but the video quality will be that of a mavic. The 600mm circle allows for the cinamatic feel. Thats why a lot of pilots shoot in atti.

I'm liking 0300 so far. Have not noticed some of the above issues but will test these next time out. ;)
where do you adjust this setting 'hover circle'
and why shoot in atti?

settings are in the parameters.
Atti mode gives a nice "fluid", motion not adjusted by gps.

So I just looked this thread over after a very disappointing shoot using the I2 (firmware 200) and Litchi. Haven't flown for a couple months so some of the software/firmware may be new to me. Anyways either the gimbal and/or the drone bounced around for much of the flight - even though there was no wind. Litchi later told me that they have a bug where when the mission is uploaded the gimbal mode shifts from yaw follow to free. If you know this you can set it back. I didn't. Apart from the Litchi bug, could this bad firmware have caused the uneven flight?

I tested all your issues just now
1: touch focus - I assumed it was to note that you have archived focus - I personally don't mind
2 no issues here - all working (X7 35mm)
3 no issue here - all working (X7 35mm)
4. yes it does affect flying - I wouldn't use that setting unless you have a massive space

these are quirks /issues I have:
1 when using focus peak, the video is laggy
2. hover still not locked as a mavic
3. EI mode not applied to cDNG (I suppose its works in Progress RAW)
4. certain functions in the buttons assignment on Cendence - don't works ei camera down /focus assist /

just my observations for now
The bug changing focus from infinity to close up has been reported to randomly affect all Oly lenses for x5s, as well as the original DJI 15mm.

Last edited:
Just want to add my big upvote to the .0300 beta - flying with x4s and thermal 640Pro on second gimbal and all my previous pains are gone. During RTH x4s is perfectly stable, no more jerking. Hovering (for my purposes) is perfect, landing gear stable as supposed to be, lowering in time for RTH landing. Must add that I changed to ipad pro as well and LOTS of issues were attributable to the samsungs..ts I have been using, not least of all the extremely annoying USB cable inconsistent connections or the USB port crap that they have in the samsungs. The whole time to take-off has reduced drastically with the ipad, I get the feeling of FPV for ER with the thermal now.

Whatever my problem is the beta FW doesn't fix it. Using the 300 FW - this is a (bad) vid shot with my phone of the I2 just hovering - it moves all over, even though there's no wind. Sorry for the camera motion

Mine hovers much better than that. I would suggest a few things to try.
1. Check the angle of both arms if the prop tips of the opposing props are at the same level when pointing each other. Should be less than 1/2", ideally 0 difference. Adjust, or get adjusted by authorised service.
2. Rattling prop cyanoacrylate modification (search on YT)
3. After FW upgrade do a Factory Reset via Assistant.
4. Perform cold (less than 10 deg C) IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface. Perform Compass callibration in the field with NO magnetic interference. Controller, mobile phone, house keys etc at least 10m away.

Mine hovers much better than that. I would suggest a few things to try.
1. Check the angle of both arms if the prop tips of the opposing props are at the same level when pointing each other. Should be less than 1/2", ideally 0 difference. Adjust, or get adjusted by authorised service.
2. Rattling prop cyanoacrylate modification (search on YT)
3. After FW upgrade do a Factory Reset via Assistant.
4. Perform cold (less than 10 deg C) IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface. Perform Compass callibration in the field with NO magnetic interference. Controller, mobile phone, house keys etc at least 10m away.
Prop alignment seems good. Ordered the prop balancers. Gonna do the IMU in the garage now - pretty cold here. Compass calibration was done in the field. In northern Minnesota, BTW, there can be as much as 12 degree declination. Question: Doesn't doing a factory reset roll back the firmware?

adding - forgot to add a detail - the other day I got a warning that I was using high altitude props at low altitude - so maybe there is a problem with them.

Thank you for the tips!

Last edited:
No, the reset does not roll back the FW. The cold IMU can make significant difference. It must be done on perfectly level surface and the drone must be kept still and without disturbance in each of the position. I use a heavy books on the legs to hold it. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry