Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Boat Video | Inspire 2

Hey guys,

Thought I would share a recent project with you all. I have been working with a boat builder shooting some custom sportfish boats, its been very fun but very scary launching and catching the drone from the water.. Follow me on instagram for a behind the scenes hand launch video from boat !

Follow me!
Instagram
Facebook
Vimeo

lostwavemedia.com
Launching is relatively easy but catching it is a real challenge. Do you have a video of that on Insta?
Great staff BTW !! Is it all single op or dual op. What is your favourite lens? Some of the moves close to the water at high speed take some balls to pull off.

Last edited:
Launching is relatively easy but catching it is a real challenge. Do you have a video of that on Insta?
Great staff BTW !! Is it all single op or dual op. What is your favourite lens? Some of the moves close to the water at high speed take some balls to pull off.
Hey I appreciate the kind words!! I have been using the 25mm more so that one might be my favorite at the moment. I forgot I never recorded the landing that day but I do have this one here !

Thanks again man!

Hey I appreciate the kind words!! I have been using the 25mm more so that one might be my favorite at the moment. I forgot I never recorded the landing that day but I do have this one here !

Thanks again man!
Hand catching an I2. Nice!

Thanks again man!
So, I guessed right. I thought that most of the shots were with 25mm. It is a nice lens, not too long, not too short. Seems ideal for this type of work. Again, well done, man!! The CC about the cuts on music beats is spot on. I agree. It would made your videos even classier.
Nice hand catch, man. The i2 tends to fight a fair bit before the mototors stop, especially on a choppy water. The IMU needs to feel that the I2 is stationary before shutting down the motors, at least that seems to be the case when using the throttle stick down for 3 sec. Maybe you use the emergency motor shutt-off with CSC? In any case gutsy and good job there too!!
So, is it all single operator or you have another person controlling the camera when you fly? Maybe you used the Spotlight Pro for some shots? Some more insight would be appreciated.
Cheers man

Last edited:
So, I guessed right. I thought that most of the shots were with 25mm. It is a nice lens, not too long, not too short. Seems ideal for this type of work. Again, well done, man!! The CC about the cuts on music beats is spot on. I agree. It would made your videos even classier.
Nice hand catch, man. The i2 tends to fight a fair bit before the mototors stop, especially on a choppy water. The IMU needs to feel that the I2 is stationary before shutting down the motors, at least that seems to be the case when using the throttle stick down for 3 sec. Maybe you use the emergency motor shutt-off with CSC? In any case gutsy and good job there too!!
So, is it all single operator or you have another person controlling the camera when you fly? Maybe you used the Spotlight Pro for some shots? Some more insight would be appreciated.
Cheers man
I am single oping it! I came from the p4 so I fly it like the p4. I don't use the camera's horizontal axis just vertical!

I am single oping it! I came from the p4 so I fly it like the p4. I don't use the camera's horizontal axis just vertical!
That is even more impresssive then. As a single op I'd have thought that especially the Spotlight Pro would come handy for keeping the boats in the frames but if you can do it without any of the smart tools that's great!!

Last edited:
Reactions: casein

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo