Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware issue

Reaction score
Hello,
Well I tried to install the new firmware without success and here is what happened:
I followed the instructions, started the Inspire and it just sat there with only the red light in the rear on. After 30 minutes I turned it off and read the log. It stated that the upgrade failed and to reboot the aircraft. So after numerous attempts, I turned on my radio then the Inspire and still all I got what the red light. I also noticed the tablet said No Connection and didn’t get a video feed or was able to start the motors. I tried to look for the previous firmware version but for some reason I must of deleted.
Any ideas what happened or what I can do??
Also, if anyone out there has a copy of the previous firmware version could you send it to me I like to try to install that and see if I get the same results.

Contact support. It's not possible to reinstall older firmware so the old file wouldn't be of any use.

Hi Rickesco, I have no solutions for you, just letting you know that I am having similar (although not quite as bad) issues as you. I have no camera signal to my iPads, and I have tried in vain to get some assistance from the dealer I bought it from and from DJI. They have just asked for video proof and screenshot proof which I have provided. So you might have to gather screenshots and make a video of what is going on for them. Really pisses me off because the Inspire was working fine up until the firmware update, and now it is rendered useless and the update is mandatory, not optional. Anyway, I hope you do better than me in getting a quick solution.

Happened to me the first time I tried it. I had accidentally dropped the firmware file into the DCIM file. I took it out of the DCIM file, deleted the DCIM file so that only the firmware was on the sd card and it went fine the next time. Good luck.

Happened to me the first time I tried it. I had accidentally dropped the firmware file into the DCIM file. I took it out of the DCIM file, deleted the DCIM file so that only the firmware was on the sd card and it went fine the next time. Good luck.
I made sure everything was off but the firmware. Waiting for a call back from DJI.
Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rickesco, I have no solutions for you, just letting you know that I am having similar (although not quite as bad) issues as you. I have no camera signal to my iPads, and I have tried in vain to get some assistance from the dealer I bought it from and from DJI. They have just asked for video proof and screenshot proof which I have provided. So you might have to gather screenshots and make a video of what is going on for them. Really pisses me off because the Inspire was working fine up until the firmware update, and now it is rendered useless and the update is mandatory, not optional. Anyway, I hope you do better than me in getting a quick solution.

andy DNew Member
I have the same issue. All updated without an issue. Now I have no signal/camera output on my I pad. tried to reload but keep getting file saying aborted as up to date. Not happy as all was well before this update now I have a unusable inspire. I have tried everything with no luck. DJI need to put a new update out that doesn't stop camera signal to I pad.

It appears that if you leave for 30 mins or so the camera signal comes back on but after a few minutes it switches to a blue screen.

Last edited:
It looks like I'll be sending my Inspire back to DJI. I had them on the phone yesterday and we tried all we could with no luck. They sent me the rescue .bin and that didn't even work. It just sits there with the red light on. I also sent an email to the dealer where I purchased it from (Multicopter Wearhouse) and Josh said he will be calling me today to also figure out what else can be done. DJI told me it would take 4 to 6 week to get it back.. that's just great.. and the beat goes on!!!!!

Hello,
Well I tried to install the new firmware without success and here is what happened:
I followed the instructions, started the Inspire and it just sat there with only the red light in the rear on. After 30 minutes I turned it off and read the log. It stated that the upgrade failed and to reboot the aircraft. So after numerous attempts, I turned on my radio then the Inspire and still all I got what the red light. I also noticed the tablet said No Connection and didn’t get a video feed or was able to start the motors. I tried to look for the previous firmware version but for some reason I must of deleted.
Any ideas what happened or what I can do??
Also, if anyone out there has a copy of the previous firmware version could you send it to me I like to try to install that and see if I get the same results.[/QUOTE

Update your controller first, That will take care of it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44