Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware.... V01.0.0240. who's first...?

Also add in that not everyone has problems either, not during beta and not now it is live.

As ever there are manufacturing tolerances as the retuning may have been a little too tight for those at one end or the other of the tolerance range...
I think most just aren't able to hear/didn't pay enough attention to the level of noise prior to the update more likely.

After the update I now have a Main Data Controller recorder error. No matter how I refresh, how I restart, or what I do, I am stuck with this error. Most likely going to have to send it in... Unless DJI pulls something magic tomorrow when I call, which I am not looking forward to.

It's what they did with the I1, I am wary with my I2, (especially with no go-back feature).
We have all seen that video of the guy racing the I2 around on 1 pack. I don't need to race around when I shoot real estate jobs, 1 battery charged to 100% will do it. I would always prefer to have a second battery at 100% for the next house, (these are only 5-10 minute shoots) and and don't need two batteries for 1 house.
THIS firmware update prevents you from using only 1 pack. The I1 used only 1 pack for years b4 guys started adding auxiliary packs for extended flight times.
Please don't hobble my new I2.

I think my I2 was hobbled... . **** thing struggles to exceed 45mph since the upgrade. No BS... she's slower.

Reactions: crashburn
At least you can still take off... lol

That's horrible man!!! The best of luck with your bird.

Mine works but there was no mention of lowering the speed in the notes for the new firmware, so I'm not sure why it feels restricted and less eager to exceed 50mph.

That's horrible man!!! The best of luck with your bird.

Mine works but there was no mention of lowering the speed in the notes for the new firmware, so I'm not sure why it feels restricted and less eager to exceed 50mph.
Thanks. I am fairly certain that I will have to send it to DJI california. I did the same with my M600 for a PMU replacement.

When shooting in log format for most video cameras, the ISO gets locked. High end video cameras allow you to override the standard setting, but it does so by basically putting a note into the metadata which says that you've changed ISO. It's all a function of LOG or RAW formats.
As far as experienced with RED and ARRI cameras, matadata marking of ISO works just and only in RAW, but it is not the case for "compressed" Log formats such as ProRes - in these formats there is no need to increase exposure in post as ISO is applied in camera procesor before recording. That is of outmost importance for Log picture profiles as they recorded with luma compressed gama (that is whole idea of Log gama) so any recording of underexposed picture in Log is big no-no. If you follow professional Log workflow you never lift shadows in Log, but recover highlights... It is realy serious topic for this one post, so please familiarize with pro. Log workflow - you will learn that ISO canon be fixed is you are going for proper low light exposure, and it is huge problem to pushh underexposed Log picture in post - noise will get more obvious while there are no enugh usueful data as shadows are compressed by Log gama...

Last edited:
NickU has an excellent, detailed and very scientific explanation of the process. For the layman, LOG setting requires that the data be constant so that grading can be done uniformly. It's also why the white balance becomes locked, and why you must use preset white balance settings. If the ISO and WB starts changing as you're grading the footage then you have to deal separately with each change, and that can be tricky and time consuming.
What you refer to is "automatic exposure" and "automatic white balance" - and yes, they are not welocme in pro. grading workflow. Nevertheless, same as you can chose any specific color temperature for your shot, you can choose specific shutter speed and aperture, it is expected that you can choose specific ISO - that is called "manual settings"... So, excuse me for being persistent, but your comment does not corespond to question topic.

Talked to my dji beta guy about the gimbal noise and it is normal:
Hi,
The noise is introduced by a new gimbal self-diagnosis algorithm. It's normal to have this noise and your gimbal is all good. We are figuring out a way to reduce these noises in next firmware. Thanks for the feedback!

Best,
Kyle

Reactions: DrMrdalj
Talked to my dji beta guy about the gimbal noise and it is normal:
Hi,
The noise is introduced by a new gimbal self-diagnosis algorithm. It's normal to have this noise and your gimbal is all good. We are figuring out a way to reduce these noises in next firmware. Thanks for the feedback!

Best,
Kyle
Well, ok let's believe him. But my yaw motor is now making noise. And I don't think it's the algorithm working then... I just don't want to damage servos and gimbals motors..

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Well, ok let's believe him. But my yaw motor is now making noise. And I don't think it's the algorithm working then... I just don't want to damage servos and gimbals motors..
This is just more DJI sweeping crap under the rug...

That said, got to fly today, and everything seems good besides the noise and some jello, which may just be 120fps and the cheap plastic rotors.

I would suggest you reload the firmware again BUT make sure you have camera fitted and its on a level surface with NO object directly in front of the forward vision sensors.

No other choice for the controller though
Well, yeah... but it's designed that way, and there typically isn't much that actually gets changed there, while the AC and the app itself are where most of the changes are.

The directions say use the PC to update the AC and the Tablet/Phone to update the RC... for what Chinese directions are worth.

However.....

That brings a point that some people on Crapple computers have had issues with updating through the PC, and we're solved by using the iPad. So it's not like it doesn't work, it just wouldn't be my first choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet