Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware

My experience with it has been awful. I just upgraded yesterday and on the first flight today it completely disconnected (lightbridge and rc) about 200 ft away and maybe 100 foot up. I tried unhooking and rehooking cables, but no green light means no hope. I had zero control, and the drone landed the living f*** out of itself, basically just didnt slow down on descent until it met the ground.

So now, i still cant get the rc to connect, ive tried re-linking, but there is no response from the i2 pair button. The drone is stuck in take-off mode so i cant put it in the case, the Zenmuse X7 is making weird creaking noises when i shut the i2 off with it connected. It certainly seems to be raining s**t in my neck of the woods.

edit: assistant 2 doesnt recognize that there is an I2 plugged in. Also on startup, the zenmuse does its normal travel, but the FPV cam is limp. I had a working drone yesterday and a paperweight today. Im going to go drink alot now.
Dang, that's a shocker for ya! A major WTF!!
The weight of the X7 & Lens is pretty hefty on gimbal arm... if it slammed the ground, it's possible it got bent slightly.

Not sure what you've tried... batteries & camera removed, pause 20 seconds, fresh batteries installed. Will it power up?
DJI Asst, insure the little selector switch is set to computer on I2 (that gets me every now and then).
Connect Asst, recognize I2 ? The USB port & Cable, I assume is good and computer fresh boot with no odd program taking ports.

It seems Odd for a FW issue.... FW normally screws it up at point of FW update, doesn't complete or noticeable in initial tests.
This I2 updated FW successfully, it's connected a few times during Restarts, and it connected "clean" at LZ & took off with no issues... up to this point "normal" behavior. Then in flight... full failure, like an electronic failure on the LB radio circuit.

Sounds odd for FW corruption; sounds like a mainboard failure. How failed: can't answer that one: electrical fail, FW, etc.
Are Batteries showing proper charge? I had a TB50 pair, 8 charge cycles, show 100% night of charge, then next day dead and no recharge.

I'd fill out a DJI Service Repair ticket, and express in notes it was normal before FW update and Failed after FW.
In service request, also state X7 needs inspection & repair.
They'll send a estimate, and you might get lucky.... if caused by FW they might No Charge it.
One of my X4S locked up during the new FW update, sent it to DJI and they repaired N/C and recalibrated the camera true.

Sorry for the downed Inspire!
Curious to how this one turns out.
Good Luck!

Dang, that's a shocker for ya! A major WTF!!
The weight of the X7 & Lens is pretty hefty on gimbal arm... if it slammed the ground, it's possible it got bent slightly.

Not sure what you've tried... batteries & camera removed, pause 20 seconds, fresh batteries installed. Will it power up?
DJI Asst, insure the little selector switch is set to computer on I2 (that gets me every now and then).
Connect Asst, recognize I2 ? The USB port & Cable, I assume is good and computer fresh boot with no odd program taking ports.

It seems Odd for a FW issue.... FW normally screws it up at point of FW update, doesn't complete or noticeable in initial tests.
This I2 updated FW successfully, it's connected a few times during Restarts, and it connected "clean" at LZ & took off with no issues... up to this point "normal" behavior. Then in flight... full failure, like an electronic failure on the LB radio circuit.

Sounds odd for FW corruption; sounds like a mainboard failure. How failed: can't answer that one: electrical fail, FW, etc.
Are Batteries showing proper charge? I had a TB50 pair, 8 charge cycles, show 100% night of charge, then next day dead and no recharge.

I'd fill out a DJI Service Repair ticket, and express in notes it was normal before FW update and Failed after FW.
In service request, also state X7 needs inspection & repair.
They'll send a estimate, and you might get lucky.... if caused by FW they might No Charge it.
One of my X4S locked up during the new FW update, sent it to DJI and they repaired N/C and recalibrated the camera true.

Sorry for the downed Inspire!
Curious to how this one turns out.
Good Luck!
Okay, so the I2 is a pet rock for now. Ive tried everything, and multiple combinations of variables.

The I2 will power up the X7, but the FPV cam is limp. The drone will not enter “travel mode” or “takeoff mode” any other way besides manually screwing the arms up. The RC will not connect, nor will Assistant 2.

my batteries show a full charge

i tested my X7 on another I2 and there are zero issues present. Photos and videos look great. So im not sending them that.

I have opened a ticket and sent it in. Im not optimistic about them no-charging it, but at this point (ESPECIALLY with DJIs track record for botched FW), its going to be difficult to convince me the FW isnt to blame. We’ll see.

Until then, I cannot recommend that ANYONE install this update.

-KG

Okay, so the I2 is a pet rock for now. Ive tried everything, and multiple combinations of variables.

The I2 will power up the X7, but the FPV cam is limp. The drone will not enter “travel mode” or “takeoff mode” any other way besides manually screwing the arms up. The RC will not connect, nor will Assistant 2.

my batteries show a full charge

i tested my X7 on another I2 and there are zero issues present. Photos and videos look great. So im not sending them that.

I have opened a ticket and sent it in. Im not optimistic about them no-charging it, but at this point (ESPECIALLY with DJIs track record for botched FW), its going to be difficult to convince me the FW isnt to blame. We’ll see.

Until then, I cannot recommend that ANYONE install this update.

-KG
Absolutely great the X7 is good without harm! Did lens make it through without any visible damage too? Didn’t realize you had a 2nd I2 to test with... yes that’s a great way to verify if any damage to Camera or gimbal exists... I wouldn’t send it in either now, you’ve verified good.

The behavior you’re describing is becoming to sound more like electronic board each time. My last few years with DJI Service has been outstanding, Good Luck on the repair & outcome!

Incidently, I updated my 2 I2’s, 3- X4S, X5S & X7.
After running a battery set through each around the driveway; Flew a few city construction sites, about 2 Battery sets each... used Go4 App, MapsMadeEasy & Litchi without issues.

So sounds like it’s a hit & miss ordeal on FW. Although if you had some failing electronics, that too would effect the FW update.

I'm having a problem with update .0500. The Go app just always shows critically low even though they're charged. Upon checking the battery voltage, it just shows N/A for both. Not detecting the batteries? Tried with 8 batteries, same problem. Any advice pls?
Force update / reinstall via DJI Assistant.

Świetnie to słyszeć! Pow podróż być gotowy do drogi!
Zanim założysz, że wszystko jest w porządku, wrzuć zestaw w naładowanych akumulatorów i lataj nim, aby wyciągnąć właściwą drogę, aby zweryfikować wyzwalacze niskiego i krytycznego. Zwykle testuję pełną prędkość, pełne przyspieszenie i hamowanie, wszystkie tryby lotu RC, pełne akcenty / przyzwoite testy, wszystkie normalne ruchy nawigacyjne i szybka autonomiczna siatkę nad moim domem, aby sprawdzić, czy może poprawnie przetworzyć przed wyjściem na miejsce pracy. Zawsze zwracaj uwagę na problemy, o których wspominają inni po uaktualnieniu FW i weryfikuj je lub testuj na swoim statku, aby ustalić, czy ograniczyć. Nieajaj, że FW będzie spójne na każdym statku, inny niewytłumaczalny ... może wykazywać inne zachowanie.

Czasami DJI Asst przez RC / Tablet wymaga i wykładnięcie kilku błysków, aby odświeżyć, aby napisać wszystko FW.
Nie bardzo rozumiem dlaczego, ale przez wiele lat poprawiło się do rozwiązywania problemów z poprawką.
When I have problems with updates, I use different versions interchangeably. Updated by
DJI GO4 on Crystalsky later via DJI Assistant on PC finally via DJI GO 4 on Apple Ipad. The systems are not perfect and you may need to use several solutions. Sometimes it is necessary to repeat the activity several times.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougcjohn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla