Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmwares issued

Afternoon Guys.

Is there anyone in the UK who would be willing to update a single TB50 battery for me at all?

Long story short, I've got hold of this pack cheap to look at building a charge case around, following an enquiry into one. Unfortunately I don't fly drones and so have no access to an Inspire2 to do it myself.

When I got the pack it was over-discharged to about 19 volts, so I've cracked it open and fixed that, the cells won't win any drag racing contests, but it's not a flying battery. However on connection of power to the right terminals, or connection of DJI's own Tx charging plug/lead which I purchased to prove it wasn't me doing things wrong, all I get is all four LED's flashing 12 times if I am counting right.
At this point I am assuming it's a bad firmware flash to the pack, as the four LED's do indicate charge state ok, but then give the above error if I try to do anythign else with it.

RichJ53 on this forum has been very helpful with all my questions to him, but is in the US so makes my sending him the pack not cost effective.

Thanks.

Ian Contessa

I just updated the Controller and Aircraft and received nothing about battery firmware. Maybe the firmware detects the serial number of the battery and the older ones don't need updating? My batteries are about two years old.

Updated aircraft, RC and 6 sets of batteries via Go4 and an iPad this afternoon without any issues. It didn't ask for, but got an IMU and Compass calibration, and a Gimbal Calibration, but didn't give it a VPS calibration.

Although I have the battery Station, I've not updated battery firmware using it, so I was prompted to update the batteries from DJI Go 4 startup screen. TBH, it's bit of a silly situation from DJI that they've released such an important update for the TB50's and yet haven't released the update via the Battery Station.... something it was designed to make easier! Battery version before the update was 1.0.0.67, after the update was 1.0.0.71.

So, managed to test fly for an hour with 3 sets of batteries, no issues to report in flight or via the Go 4 display. No stupid landing gear warnings, no silly IMU or Compass warnings, and indeed no warnings of "High Wind Fly with Caution" either. A couple of the battery sets are now showing Airdata's TB50 warning in the Airdata log (which hadn't shown on the previous airdata logged flights with the batteries before the update), but nothing displays on screen within DJI Go4 and the flights all completed quite happily without any drama, but with close monitoring of the battery status during the flights.

One new set of warnings showing in airdata is "Mode changed to WiFi_Reconnect" immediately followed by "Mode changed to P-GPS" - again no issues showed up in Go 4 or in flight. TBH, sometimes I think the Airdata logs can end up being a bit over sensitive with all the warnings/info they give!

I did notice some drifting of the camera+Oly 12mm on it's first flight which was cured by switching from follow to free mode and then back again, after that there was only a minimal amount of drift. A flight with the 45mm gave a normal level of drift, so nothing bad/new there. Hovering, didn't seem any different to how it behaved before the update, YMMV.

Reactions: slim.slamma
For those of you not finding the Battery firmware update or not being prompted to do it for your extra batteries, exit the DJI Go 4 flight screen and go back to the startup screen (the one where you get to choose your Drone model) - When you power on your drone, Go 4 will do a version check and will prompt you for the updates that are needed, the Aircraft and RC units appear pretty quickly, but the Battery firmware usually takes a few seconds to show up. Once you've updated one set, you need to stay at the Drone selection screen so that when you start the drone up with the next set of batteries it has a chance to detect them and prompt you to update.

It is quite possible to quickly bypass the selection screen when starting up and fly on new aircraft firmware, but old battery firmware. If you go into the flight/camera display screen, then you will not be prompted to update the battery firmware, even if it is in need of updating! If you want to make sure, then the easiest way is to close and restart DJI Go 4 between each set of batteries and to wait 10-20 seconds or more before entering the flight screen. HTH

Last edited:
Updated from .100 to .300 last night. After updating via Assistant 2 the bird, camera, and cendence, I shut down the aircraft. Inserted a new set of batteries and powered up. Assistant 2 stated that one component (batteries) was out of sync firnware-wise and did I want to update. Said yes and repeated this for all sets of batteries.

Flew a minute ago and everything works fine. No drift on the Oly 12. Hovering more stable but not perfect. Still have to test the 45mm.

Another unsuccessful update, now my ipad wont give me video just a black screen , did reboots and delete and reinstall the G4 App no fix , so sick of dji.
It gives me every piece of data but the picture FFS.

Sounds like it's not updated one of the bits of firmware somewhere. Try using the iPad to refresh the i2's firmware.... from the go fly screen press and hold the three -'s in the top right corner for a few seconds, then release them. It should then give you a screen with the current firmware and any updates available. If there're no updates, the option will show as refresh firmware. Do a firmware refresh with the camera attached. Alternatively, attach the I2 to your plc and connect it to Assistant 2, then do a firmware refresh from within Assistant 2.

TB50 and TB55 firmware issued.
There is also a a new release of the GO4 app (4.3.4)
Aircraft firmware (01.02.0300)
Controller firmware (01.01.0050)
Fly safe database

And it is a great day to test!

On your list of firmware updates you show Aircraft firmware (01.02.0300) as the latest aircraft firmware. Can you please verify
which aircraft that firmware update is for? I have a Matrice 200 and according to my DJI GO4 app and Assistant 2 the latest
firmware for the Matrice 200 aircraft is v 01.02.0000. Thanks.

On your list of firmware updates you show Aircraft firmware (01.02.0300) as the latest aircraft firmware. Can you please verify
which aircraft that firmware update is for? I have a Matrice 200 and according to my DJI GO4 app and Assistant 2 the latest

This thread is for the inspire 2

I believe this has been answered for you (via reading the release notes)

DJI has release an I-2 FW fix for the TB50 & TB55 batteries, is there a FW update for the M-200 series?

Fly safe database

I've read the FW updates for the TB50 & 55's but dates are confusing. The DJI4Go 4.3.4 app was released over 2 weeks ago... on the IOS App Store, I updated some time back so questioning where the App update was I checked the release date on App Store and it indicates over 2 Weeks Ago for version 4.3.4.

So the Battery FW updates after a version check separate to 4.3.4 since battery FW update was just recently released.
When powered up & connected to drone, the App checks for updates and pulls the Battery FW update down or likewise through DJI Asst2.

Wanted to clarify if others were looking for an updated DJI 4Go App if previously updated their Apps.

Fly safe database

11/19/18 - Good Afternoon...I just joined this forum today, and I just bought my 1st Inspire-1 today from a colleague. I have been flying the Phantom 4. Should I update firmware? The person I bought this from says "NO", as he has had issues in the past. Another colleague says "Just Do It". This will be the first time to do a firmware update ....ever...and I haven't even flown the BEAST yet! Suggestions?

CommMan2000 is my handle....

But I'm sorry, where I find the FW of the batteries? How am I supposed to update them? Thank you so much
You just update the AC and RC first; this will update the batteries you're using. Then you need to shut everything off and put in a diff set of batts; you'll get a notice to update the FW

11/19/18 - Good Afternoon...I just joined this forum today, and I just bought my 1st Inspire-1 today from a colleague. I have been flying the Phantom 4. Should I update firmware? The person I bought this from says "NO", as he has had issues in the past. Another colleague says "Just Do It". This will be the first time to do a firmware update ....ever...and I haven't even flown the BEAST yet! Suggestions?

CommMan2000 is my handle....
Welcome to the forum, you might check out the Inspire 1 sections. Congrats on the I1, nice stable platform.

This thread is concerning the Inspire 2, your Inspire 1 and TB47 or TB48 batteries are not effected by this FW discussion.

That said, If your I1 has any FW updates to apply, I'd proceed and apply.

The DJIGo App will occasionally update NFZ and various features, I'd recomend accepting when prompted.

Note the I1 uses the DJIGo App, the I2 uses the DJIGo4 App.

Applied the .300 fw updates yesterday...I knew it would take awhile as I never used the buggy .200 release.

Used the iPad plugged into the bird via USB...seemed easier than the Assistant.

Updated the remotes first.

Updated the bird (no camera installed) on the first pass.

Changed to second set of batts and mounted X4S and did it again, as I got the ‘inconsistent firmware’ message on power up.

Changed to third set of batts and mounted X5S and did it one more time as ‘inconsistent firmware’ message appeared again.

In each case the batteries were updated (you can tell by status lights on the batteries they are being updated) along with the cameras.

All appears good now, will test in the next couple of days.

I've read the FW updates for the TB50 & 55's but dates are confusing. The DJI4Go 4.3.4 app was released over 2 weeks ago... on the IOS App Store, I updated some time back so questioning where the App update was I checked the release date on App Store and it indicates over 2 Weeks Ago for version 4.3.4.

So the Battery FW updates after a version check separate to 4.3.4 since battery FW update was just recently released.
When powered up & connected to drone, the App checks for updates and pulls the Battery FW update down or likewise through DJI Asst2.

Wanted to clarify if others were looking for an updated DJI 4Go App if previously updated their Apps.

GO4 app 4.3.4 was released for the CS models. iOS app is usually out the gates first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool