Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 1; can’t connect to controller

Reaction score
I purchased an Inspire today and I’m having some problems with it. The short story is that I can’t connect it to the controller and the Inspire is blinking red and yellow.

The longer story is that I purchased a new-in-box Inspire from Craigslist but I think the previous owner might have had one or more of the controllers connected to another Inspire because when I turned on the Inspire and the controllers, the Inspire didn’t connect to the controllers. (I did make sure the controllers were correctly connected in master/slave.)

I thought the problem might have been the firmware version on the controller, as I was getting a message saying I needed to upgrade.

I successfully upgraded both controllers but was still unable to connect to the Inspire - it just blinked yellow - even after pressing the red button on the Inspire. I realized that the problem might be caused by having older firmware on the Inspire, so I upgraded it too by putting an SD card into the camera.

I successfully (I think!) upgraded the firmware - there were lots of blinking lights and camera movement - and at the end of the process the LED was solid red. I turned the Inspire off and when I turned it back on, the LED was flashing yellow and red. The manual says that this means I need to calibrate the compass, so I followed the directions to do that.

However, the LED is still flashing yellow and red and I’m still unable to connect the Inspire to the controller. The last thing I tried was to
  1. Turn everything off.
  2. Turn on the controller and tap “Linking RC” in the “RC Control Settings” screen.
  3. Turn on the Inspire.
  4. Press the red button

Sadly, that doesn’t work: the LED still flashes red and yellow and the controller says the syncing timed out.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to confirm what firmware version is running on the Inspire; should I have seen a “success”-type text message. I’m not sure what to do next.

Thanks!
Fergus

Reactions: Luis Galvez
I'm having a similar problem, except the controller has the red light on and the dji blinks yellow rapidly. Nothing seems to make them connect. This happened after I turned off the drone while it was updating the firmware because the controller and the pilot app both disconnected while the upgrade was happening (I later read that this was normal and could happen). I'm afraid that me turning off the drone while it was updating may have damaged it in some way that now I can't connect it to the contorller :/

i am having the same issue.. i wanted to upgrade the firmware ,, everything went smooth , i put my sd card in camera and i opened dji pilot app , the upgrade message did pop out, i wanted to make sure if my ipad was connected to ipad,thats when i minimized the page to make sure my ipad was connected to internet. after i connected to internet , i totally got disconnected with transmitter and controller. i even pressed link button on the aircraft with my master remote controller ON , nothing seems to be happening. If any of you folks could sort out this problem , please , please tell me , i could really use your help ..

Hi there! Any Solutions? I got The same problem. Please let Me know!

Thanx in advance!

Also having the same issue. Light just blinks yellow fast. Tried clearing all the files on the sdcard, still nada.

You likely have one side (RC or aircraft) updated but not the other.

Maby, but i cannot update The ac, tried with three different cards and it always Fails a few minutes in the update process. The rc is updateded with The latest firmw.

Contact support and send the update log showing the fail message and reason, I doubt anyone else on here can help you.

I lost my original controler so buy new one but I can't link
I already follow instruction how to link but still can,t link
Does any one can help me thanks

New one probably doesn't have the appropriate firmware version. Upgrade everything.

I have the same problem, yellow blinking LED in aircraft after update process and it is not connecting with RC. The controller update was successful but in the Inspire 1 wasn't. Hidden TXT log attached. Any solution?

Attachments

• WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 40
i started upgrade on the AC first, it got to about 68% then it lost connection. i restarted it and it just blinked yellow.
i contact DJI chat support, they asked did i upgrade RC yet so I did. RC upgraded fine resulting with a green light. I turned both devices off then turned on the RC first then the AC and opened the pilot app everything connected fine.

For those who can't pair your remote with the inspire after updating the inspire, make sure your remote is also updated to the latest firmware before pairing. I wasted 1hr of my life trying to figure out why my RC was not pairing with the drone and constant blinking yellow light. Turns out you cannot pair a remote with a drone if the firmware on each device is not matching. FYI hope it helps some of you.

I bought my inspire 2 days ago and saw the dji promo of "in 10 minutes you will be flying".
I have now spent 2 days trying to download the pilot app both from the http site they give you as well as the qr code. Both take you to the firmware update page which allow you to do just that but no pilot page.
I have no idea about computers and by chance downloaded a lightbridge app which allowed me to view a control page but it keeps flashing in red "BROKEN CONNECTION". The rc controller led light is red so it is not connected to the drone and the drone is flashing orange so confirming same.
I now have a flashing £3000 paper weight on my kitchen table which my wife has no idea cost so much.
DO NOT BUY AN INSPIRE 1 as I feel they are trying to advance too quickly and basic set up is lagging far behind.
I do not know what to do next.

I bought my inspire 2 days ago and saw the dji promo of "in 10 minutes you will be flying".
I have now spent 2 days trying to download the pilot app both from the http site they give you as well as the qr code. Both take you to the firmware update page which allow you to do just that but no pilot page.
I have no idea about computers and by chance downloaded a lightbridge app which allowed me to view a control page but it keeps flashing in red "BROKEN CONNECTION". The rc controller led light is red so it is not connected to the drone and the drone is flashing orange so confirming same.
I now have a flashing £3000 paper weight on my kitchen table which my wife has no idea cost so much.
DO NOT BUY AN INSPIRE 1 as I feel they are trying to advance too quickly and basic set up is lagging far behind.
I do not know what to do next.

1st - Don't lie to your wife :rolleyes:
2nd - Read the manual
3rd - Go here Inspire 1 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI where you will find both iOS and Android versions of the app.
4th - There are thousands of Inspire 1 users flying daily without issue many (myself included) using it as a tool of work where it has performed flawlessly so making irrational statements like " Do not buy an Inspire 1" is rediculous.

Firstly I apologise if I offended you however the matter is clear for all to see that the Inspire clearly has a problem when so many people are posting near identical comments about the sizeable purchase of the item which then fails to work. You obviously have your drone set up and working and all is good in the world however your reply effectively answered my point. You directed me straight back to the file down load site which is the same one I kept getting by using the QR codes and the longer way round by http. By downloading the latest firmware it still does not connect you to the pilot app and when you have the problem I am encountering (the controller is not connected to the drone) I have no way of getting the two to link up. The manual says to use the camera button and then the joysticks however I cant get the main screen without a large warning notice that the two are not connected. That is my problem.
The controller is fully "firmwared" and the text message on the sd card confirmed same. The aircraft made the correct noises when updated so it too appears to be in good working order. My problem is they are not speaking to each other or me......a bit like my wife when she sees the invoice.
I appreciate I am no computer wizard and find this sort of thing frustrating however had I been the only one I would understand but with so many it must be a dji fault.
I just want it to work.
p.s The wife not speaking is a bonus but I wanted it more when I was flying not as it flashed motionless on my kitchen table.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84