Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New inspire needs firmware update

Reaction score
If anyone has any helpful hints on updating firmware on the inspire that I just received two days ago. Right out of the box the drone would power up but that is it. The screen states Firmware upgrade is required.
1. download the latest the latest firmware from Http://www.dji.com, unzip the file, and copy the bin file into SD card.
2. insert the SD card into the camera
3. Turn on aircraft to complete the upgrade automatically.
4.If the remote controller also needs to be upgraded, use the USB cable to connect the RC to the camera. The upgrade process takes approximately 30 seconds. When the sound stops restart the RC.
I feel i found the firmware update (wm610_FW_V01.02.01.06 bin) At the time the inspire would power up but would not lower the landing gear. I used a new 4k 32GB microSDHC card to insert into camera.
After ten minutes landing gear dropped down but clicking continued until battery finally died after 4 hours.
I was told by company where i bought it the after 30 minutes clicking would stop and update would be completed. Did not happen.
Now the landing gear is locked in the landing mode, and will not raise, also rear blinking light is now solid red light. No longer beeping but does not respond other than power on off. Continues to say firmware update . I received result AB Text on my SD card Results: Aborted, It stated that the firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
Any helpful hints, very frustrated, now I cant even raise up landing gear to send back.
Best,
Jeff

Last edited:
Tried the 16 GB card 1st time, then tried the 4k 32GB new card. The business I bought it from recommended the larger card.

It sounds like you have the controller on while trying to update Inspire firmware? You do the aircraft first with the controller off and not connected to aircraft.

I'm lost here really. Clicking sound? What is making a clicking sound? Is it electronic noise or mechanical?

Follow the instructions that came with the firmware download file in that order. Put only the .bin file on the SD card, turn on aircraft by itself and after a minute you will here 4 beeps in rapid succession like 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4; sounding like DDDD. When that sound changes to 1-23, 1-23, D-DD then power off the aircraft. In my case it has usually taken around 20-22 minutes.

Might be a good idea to go check out some youtube videos on the Inspire firmware updated process just to be sure your doing the right steps.

If anyone has any helpful hints on updating firmware on the inspire that I just received two days ago. Right out of the box the drone would power up but that is it. The screen states Firmware upgrade is required.
1. download the latest the latest firmware from Http://www.dji.com, unzip the file, and copy the bin file into SD card.
2. insert the SD card into the camera
3. Turn on aircraft to complete the upgrade automatically.
4.If the remote controller also needs to be upgraded, use the USB cable to connect the RC to the camera. The upgrade process takes approximately 30 seconds. When the sound stops restart the RC.
I feel i found the firmware update (wm610_FW_V01.02.01.06 bin) At the time the inspire would power up but would not lower the landing gear. I used a new 4k 32GB microSDHC card to insert into camera.
After ten minutes landing gear dropped down but clicking continued until battery finally died after 4 hours.
I was told by company where i bought it the after 30 minutes clicking would stop and update would be completed. Did not happen.
Now the landing gear is locked in the landing mode, and will not raise, also rear blinking light is now solid red light. No longer beeping but does not respond other than power on off. Continues to say firmware update . I received result AB Text on my SD card Results: Aborted, It stated that the firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
Any helpful hints, very frustrated, now I cant even raise up landing gear to send back.
Best,
Jeff
Hey Thompson. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ..
you should of heard dddd not a clicking sound. .
the firmware has nothing to do with travel mode or landing mode..
the noise you hear is probably the worm screw malfunctioning. ..
I'm guessing you burnt it up..
I had a similar issue when I updated my firmware a couple updates back the status light on the i1 was red..
I don't remember exactly but I think it said safe to fly with a red light on the craft. .
I think it straighten out just from screwing with it..
I think it had something to do with a compass calibration because after turning it off and on and calibrating it worked out...
wish I could remember presisley. .
turbo. ..

after each update it will generate a txt file on the SD card. Can you copy/paste the content of that txt file here? ??

I just received my Inspire 1 yesterday, since it was a Version D, it didn't need the firmware updated. That's what the .txt. file reported. I then did the radio and it needed to be updated since it report in the next .txt files that everything was successful...or something to that extent. If watch the video from DJI on updating your firmware, that will give you an idea on what you should be hearing exactly. Good Luck!!

<<<<<<<<<<<< is EXCITED ........****....mine comes in tomorrow and it too is a version D....I hope I have no issues updating. I will watch the videos and read the forums and then watch the videos....just need to make sure everything is right!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters