Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New(ish) DJI 658C Controller won't start up

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Hoping someone can help me (and that I'm missing something obvious).

I bought a second-hand controller to slave with our Inspire 1 Pro setup. Took it out the box today to check and charge before doing some testing tomorrow and it's not behaving as expected...

Off-charge, pushing the power-button does nothing - doesn't indicate charge level at all. Attempting to power-up also does nothing.

On-charge, as the charger is connected 3 charge-status LEDs appear. Powering-on works and DJI Go App reads the controller as having 64% charge. But as soon as charger is removed from the unit controller dies.

Do I have a controller with a duff battery? Duff charging circuit, perhaps? Can the battery be replaced?

All thoughts gratefully received,
Rich

If you are comfortable with electronics and diy stuff then simply open the RC and measure the battery voltage, check out individual cells as well. If the voltage reads good you should check does the battery provide enough power in whats. If you have a lipo charger you can try to charge and then discharge the battery to see how many amps you put in and get out from that battery and this will make it clear where the problem is. I guess it's the battery as those RC's are pretty old.

There are some youtube videos showing how to open the remote and even how to replace the battery, not all are for inspire 1 but they are pretty similar. You can see the battery specs in the videos but keep in mind you'll need the same physical size of the battery so to fit nicely in the RC, best will be to open and measure the size as well or google it.

this is for inspire 2 RC:

this is for phantom 4 RC:

and this is for inspire 1 RC but only assembly:

I would not take it apart. If you just bought this I would ask for a refund.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44