Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

*New* Laowa 7.5mm Highlight Film 4K Raw

Great job! I can't wait for my lens to come in! Do you have to trick it in order for the X5R to see the lens? I will be using it on a X5S.

Curious. I think the Laowa 7.5 would make a great addition to the 17mm and the 45mm. I have the x5s but I think the answer should be the same, what is the balancing proceedure like?

Absolutely breathtaking from start to finish, that is probably the most captivating video of any sort I have watched in a very long time, well done.

Great job! I can't wait for my lens to come in! Do you have to trick it in order for the X5R to see the lens? I will be using it on a X5S.

For the X5R, its tricky. It requires you to do the "dummy lens" trick to get the app to work with it. Basically you start up drone/osmo with a compatible lens that the app recognizes, while gimbal is still live you quickly switch it out to the Laowa (or any other manual lens). This tricks the app in allowing you to record and snap photos with a lens that DJI go app doesn't recognize.

Curious. I think the Laowa 7.5 would make a great addition to the 17mm and the 45mm. I have the x5s but I think the answer should be the same, what is the balancing proceedure like?

The lens definitely requires balancing. The lens has some weight to it but its short in length so I had to add some weight on the lens hood quite often. It balances differently on the osmo compared to the inspire. If you use a solid ND filter that could help counterbalance the back heaviness once mounted.

There are problems when mounting the Laowa 7.5mm to the X5s. The lens is not recognized by the Inspire 2. Laowa 7.5mm is not working correctly.

Widest lens in the world currently for m4/3 sensor cameras. Shot with Inspire 1 X5R and Osmo X5R. The lens is superb! My short highlight film with this lens entitled "Moments". Watch in 4K

You can not shot with the 7.5mm in RAW on the Inspire. This title is misleading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian