Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Laowa 9mm/2.8 for X7

Hello Black Sky,

It's good news. I am so disappointed by the DJI camera lenses for X7. Can you post pictures when you receive it.
Thanks in advance.
Jean Louis

Reactions: Black Sky
Hello Black Sky,

It's good news. I am so disappointed by the DJI camera lenses for X7. Can you post pictures when you receive it.
Thanks in advance.
Jean Louis
Here is the lense, a little heavier but balanced nice. Works great,I will post some pics or vid soon. We did need a ND filter though.....ordered two and one shows strong halos so that’s no good. The other is ok. The Hoya worked good,the bnw showed to much halo.

Attachments

• ED988960-380F-4CA7-A9FE-4B822EE886CC.jpeg
    ED988960-380F-4CA7-A9FE-4B822EE886CC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 9BDEB4B2-F27D-4590-AD6B-2EB963BFE4C1.jpeg
    9BDEB4B2-F27D-4590-AD6B-2EB963BFE4C1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • FD2B9C13-18EE-4544-AA2E-664263587953.jpeg
    FD2B9C13-18EE-4544-AA2E-664263587953.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Hi Black Sky,

Thank you for this information, I can not wait to see the pictures
Jean-Louis

can you help ?
How you calibrated your lens ?
When Im trying to select MF, DJGo tell me to calibrate the lens, but Calibrate Now is not clickable....

I also bought the laowa 9mm lens for the dji x7, but it messed up everything.
After a couple of flights with this lens, I got 2 errors (Aircraft encoder error and Camera sensor error)
I corrected it downloading the firmware version than upgrading it again.
At the moment I do not trust the lens to use it in production environments.

UPDATE:
I tried to install the lens on another Inspire 2. And another X7. The same errors occurred on this different inspire.
I do not understand how a manual lens could produce that conseguence.
Anyone has an idea?

Last edited:
I also bought the laowa 9mm lens for the dji x7, but it messed up everything.
After a couple of flights with this lens, I got 2 errors (Aircraft encoder error and Camera sensor error)
I corrected it downloading the firmware version than upgrading it again.
At the moment I do not trust the lens to use it in production environments.

UPDATE:
I tried to install the lens on another Inspire 2. And another X7. The same errors occurred on this different inspire.
I do not understand how a manual lens could produce that conseguence.
Anyone has an idea?

this error has nothing to do with your lens. it means you need a new vibration board.
its a common part that needs replacing.

@Black Sky @DamesNY @vertrider1 and Others with Laowa 9mm manual.
I have the Laowa 7.5 manual sister lens for the X5S.
Recently acquired the X7 & 4 Lens Pak.

Interested in method applied to use the Manual 9mm.

Any one expand on their experience with the manual lens and the Go4 App.
On the X5S, you couldn't go Manual. I setup the camera with auto lens (12mm), left in Auto but selected Shutter priority mode, removed the X5S (Hot Swap) from Inspire 2, changed lens to Manual 7.5mm, remounted with shutter, ISO, etc functional... just avoided aperture because it would often create a problem... requiring remounting the X5S with 12m to reset the camera mode.

Adjust Pre-flight the F-stop manually, focus to near infinity... take off and use other setting during flight. It's a little combersome, but it does provide a very sharp ultra wide still or video.
The Adorama purchased 7.5mm came with a lens hood, not able to use due to visibility in corners.

Is this a similar workflow to use the 9mm on X7?

looks like similar dances I have around X7
Is it worth the dance compared to the 16mm X7 Lens?
Would you grade the image sharp, flat rectilinear, low distortion?
I felt the MFT 7.5mm for X5S was very flat & low distortion, actually it would be a "perfect" ultra wide if it was an Auto.

@Black Sky @DamesNY @vertrider1 and Others with Laowa 9mm manual.
I have the Laowa 7.5 manual sister lens for the X5S.
Recently acquired the X7 & 4 Lens Pak.

Interested in method applied to use the Manual 9mm.

Any one expand on their experience with the manual lens and the Go4 App.
On the X5S, you couldn't go Manual. I setup the camera with auto lens (12mm), left in Auto but selected Shutter priority mode, removed the X5S (Hot Swap) from Inspire 2, changed lens to Manual 7.5mm, remounted with shutter, ISO, etc functional... just avoided aperture because it would often create a problem... requiring remounting the X5S with 12m to reset the camera mode.

Adjust Pre-flight the F-stop manually, focus to near infinity... take off and use other setting during flight. It's a little combersome, but it does provide a very sharp ultra wide still or video.
The Adorama purchased 7.5mm came with a lens hood, not able to use due to visibility in corners.

Is this a similar workflow to use the 9mm on X7?
I am interested in the procedure as well, did you find out? I have both the X5s with 7 mm and the X7, waiting for the 9 mm. cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool