Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New laws in the Netherlands

Reaction score
Well thanks to the recently bad news about drones and almost "collisions"with planes,our goverment came up with new laws at the end of 2016.
New altitude limit will be 150 ft(50 mtr) and distance 300 ft(100 mtr).
So thanks to all the idiots who broke every rule,this will be the end of my hobby.
I agreed with plane pilots who are concerned about drones,but I also blame the shops which are selling any drone at the moment without given any rules information.I've spoken to at least 50 "dronepilots" and none(none!) of them was familiar with the rules.
Also why are there no general laws in the European Union.
Some good things are also adviced like you need a licence and registration which will be linked to the owner.
But general this new law stinks!
I defenitly will stop flying if this goes on.

Well thanks to the recently bad news about drones and almost "collisions"with planes,our goverment came up with new laws at the end of 2016.
So thanks to all the idiots who broke every rule,this will be the end of my hobby.
I agreed with plane pilots who are concerned about drones,but I also blame the shops which are selling any drone at the moment without given any rules information.I've spoken to at least 50 "dronepilots" and none(none!) of them was familiar with the rules.
Some good things are also adviced like you need a licence and registration which will be linked to the owner.
Sorry to hear of restrictive rules in NL. You will understand that we don't want EU rules in the UK. They tend to to be over prescriptive and work to the lowest common denominator. We are general happy with the UK CAA rules.

Dreadful news - Might as well be flying a Syma with those kind of limitations :(

More need jerk reactions from another government that is too slow to adapt and clearly knows virtually nothing about UAV's.

Reactions: huppe
Another reason to come out of Europe in June - we won't have to listen to self elected Eurocrats!

Reactions: GizaDog and huppe
Sorry to hear of restrictive rules in NL. You will understand that we don't want EU rules in the UK. They tend to to be over prescriptive and work to the lowest common denominator. We are general happy with the UK CAA rules.
Better to move to the UK I think.Instead of going on vacation every year;)

I was planning on flying my inspire in NL this year...will the new rules be effective in 2017 or immediately?

I admit I haven't looked into NL-specific laws yet but this is disappointing for us all.

how will they prove you was one 100m away? we cannot even enforce minimum height for a child in a car seat! As the police cannot measure your child, and i don't think they carry a tape that is 100+ in length lol.

I was planning on flying my inspire in NL this year...will the new rules be effective in 2017 or immediately?

I admit I haven't looked into NL-specific laws yet but this is disappointing for us all.
NO it will be 2017 at the moment.Right now it is like the U.K

It is likely that many of the places that are enacting draconian rules will fall in line with other countries over time. The only question is will the other countries go the draconian route as well.

The huge number of uses that drones can and will provide make it all but certain that they are here to stay. There are things that can't be done any other way and many other things that are done more efficiently with drones so over time I expect the rules will be worked out and then we'll begin to see some international standardization of these rules. This will take time and perhaps measured in decades though I'd guess much will be sorted out within 4 years.

Brian

It is likely that many of the places that are enacting draconian rules will fall in line with other countries over time. The only question is will the other countries go the draconian route as well.

The huge number of uses that drones can and will provide make it all but certain that they are here to stay. There are things that can't be done any other way and many other things that are done more efficiently with drones so over time I expect the rules will be worked out and then we'll begin to see some international standardization of these rules. This will take time and perhaps measured in decades though I'd guess much will be sorted out within 4 years.

Brian
I really hope so,but in the mean time got these f**ing rules coming

Well thanks to the recently bad news about drones and almost "collisions" with planes,our goverment came up with new laws at the end of 2016.
New altitude limit will be 150 ft(50 mtr) and distance 300 ft(100 mtr)..

These rules are no law yet, just an information letter to the parliament as a discussion piece. Let's hope the members op parliament will use their common sense and decide wisely.

I think it is a good plan to make a difference between hobby flyers and professionals and users of drones from 500gr to 5 kg and those over 5kg. Registering drones over 500gr is ok with me; thus you can also restrict older drones as they no longer meet regulations.

I think learning basic rules and understanding that flying a drone comes with certain responsibilities is a very good plan which should start at the moment you buy one. I see too much ignorance around me now.

For professional flyers of drones up to 5kg an easier certification process is very welcome. A certification costs around € 12.000 in NL now and that is simply too much for an Inspire pilot who wants to make a buck every now and then. But why a fly test is not part of this new, cheaper and easier certificatiion is beyond me. The rules for really heavy drones are ok as they are I think.

Politicians always talk about how great Europe is for us. But when they have a chance to proove it, nobody is home and everybody makes his own rules. I'd love the UK or the US rules. Ok, the Netherlands is one of the most heavily populated countries in the world, so some restrictions are possible, but why always distrust citizens before hand?

Reactions: huppe
Politicians always talk about how great Europe is for us. But when they have a chance to proove it, nobody is home and everybody makes his own rules. I'd love the UK or the US rules. Ok, the Netherlands is one of the most heavily populated countries in the world, so some restrictions are possible, but why always distrust citizens before hand?

It's a complicated situation and will no doubt take some time to get a common set of rules in place here in the EU. Idiots flying up to 11,000 ft certainly are not helping anyone and it's no wonder they are getting tetchy in the Netherlands.

However, check out the EASA proposals for drone use, many aspects are very similar to the UK regulations and it largely all looks quite positive.

Proposal to create common rules for operating drones in Europe
European Aviation Safety Agency Advance Notice of Proposed Amendment 2015-10

It's a complicated situation and will no doubt take some time to get a common set of rules in place here in the EU. Idiots flying up to 11,000 ft certainly are not helping anyone and it's no wonder they are getting tetchy in the Netherlands.

However, check out the EASA proposals for drone use, many aspects are very similar to the UK regulations and it largely all looks quite positive.

Proposal to create common rules for operating drones in Europe
European Aviation Safety Agency Advance Notice of Proposed Amendment 2015-10
I will send this link to The Hague,maybe some politicians will read this.:(
But as Always with these things,exceptions will be made in every country.Or extensions to an excisting rule

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo