Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Lightbridge antenna system....video inside....

Reaction score
Had an opportunity to fly my Inspire with DBS this morning as he fired up the new prototype Lightbridge antenna system. Flying a Phantom 3 4+ miles with no video/control glitches...The only limitations I can see is the battery, as the stock pack was just about spent at landing...truly an amazing and compact device...

So in the video, limitation was battery and not the signal? If so, I wonder if it possible to take it out as far as it will go and land it. Then go pick it up. Or have someone at the 4-5 mile mark to get it

I've taken my P3 out to 16,624 feet. Battery was spent by the time it got back but there were plenty of great places to land on they way back that I would feel comfortable driving to. And having a Trackimo, I could find it. I wonder what this will do with a signal amplifier.

Last edited:
Better? What's better than having full vid/control as far as your batteries can fly....to me it comes down to performance, price point and what can fit in my case....

Hey GQ..
pretty sweet setup! !
Very clean! !
Does this set up use amps or just the panel antenna ??
What's the cost for the kit??
Thanks for the post..
turbo. ..

The setup I saw this morning was just the base antenna, but amps could certainly be installed. The problem will be the Phantom 3 battery, as the base antenna ran them to their limit...IIRC DBS landed at about 12%....

I didn't ask the price but I will ask him and post it here...Thanks TDP....

I'm tempted to do this. I'm not keen about drilling holes in my remote though. Maybe I can figure an alternative way to just remove the existing antennae and run the cables. At least during my warranty period on the remote

Hang lose on drilling holes....DBS will be putting a video together soon...
No holes? Yes please! Will this connect to my current set up? As in the connectors on the RC as seen in the pic bellow.
I think it might even fit in my goprofessional case landing mode. Can you possibly find out for us.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150529_171403.jpg
    20150529_171403.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 243
  • 20150407_172511.jpg
    20150407_172511.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 195
Not saying that....holes definitely have to be drilled....just saying the process will be documented beforehand...

No holes? Yes please! Will this connect to my current set up? As in the connectors on the RC as seen in the pic bellow.
I think it might even fit in my goprofessional case landing mode. Can you possibly find out for us.
Thanks.

Yes, your rig appears to be set up for any antenna array....what did you do with your 5G8 dipole?

There is a 5.8ghz dipole inside one of your stock 2.4gzh antenna stalks...it communicates with the 2nd controller should you ever want to use one.....it should be left in the controller body...
Yes it's still connected. Just the 2 main antennas I disconnected. So I'm all good then. I think it should all fit in my case. *hopes*

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters