Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Mods - Inspire 1.5ish

Reaction score
Hey, I'm sure people have already done this before, but I thought I'd share some mods I've been doing to the rig lately.

FPV Cam, powered off the body, to an analog transmitter mounted at the rear. taped down the Antenna so it won't randomly come sideways and hit the right rear prop.

Controller has a 3D Printed dual monitor bracket. A Diversity 5.8 ghz White Dwarf LCD Monitor on top for the FPV cam and remounted standard DJI bracket for the iPad down low. Cool, but the only bad thing is now I can't use the neck strap. Never did anyway, but now it's no longer an option.

Also added a piggyback harness to run 3rd Party Lipos. I've got two 1300 mah 6S that are mounted to a 3D printed bracket. Total Mah comes to 8400. No flight times yet, but remember I'm carrying a heavier X1R anyway. I'll throw my Osmo's X3 on there to get some more relatable flight times for everyone. At least after the hurricane clears up.

AUW is probably at the limit, no doubt, but thought I'd share. I've actually flown it with this setup without the batteries connected just to test the weight limits and it still flies. It's not the most nimble thing in the world with vertical climb, but hey, you've got 8400 mah, you've got all day now. All the rest, descent, and standard pitching maneuvers did not feel appreciably affected.

Other notes: if you mount the batteries on the bottom of that bracket like I had originally wanted to, they affect the landing opto sensors. The craft ALWAYS thinks it's near the ground and it'll fly with the gear down even if it's 100 feet in the air... so that was a no-go. Only option is to mount them on top.

Potential concerns: any of the wires coming loose and hitting a prop. I've got them all pretty taut as it is now, so nothing should come loose, to be honest, but you should be efficient with your soldering and not leave much slack in the harness that you're inevitably going to have to custom solder.

Happy Flying.

Attachments

• DSC00812.JPG
    DSC00812.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 145
  • DSC00813.JPG
    DSC00813.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 136
  • DSC00814.JPG
    DSC00814.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 138
  • DSC00816.JPG
    DSC00816.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 139
  • DSC00817.JPG
    DSC00817.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 131
  • DSC00819.JPG
    DSC00819.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 131
  • DSC00820.JPG
    DSC00820.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
  • DSC00822.jpg
    DSC00822.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • DSC00811.JPG
    DSC00811.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 125
Hey, I'm sure people have already done this before, but I thought I'd share some mods I've been doing to the rig lately.

FPV Cam, powered off the body, to an analog transmitter mounted at the rear. taped down the Antenna so it won't randomly come sideways and hit the right rear prop.

Controller has a 3D Printed dual monitor bracket. A Diversity 5.8 ghz White Dwarf LCD Monitor on top for the FPV cam and remounted standard DJI bracket for the iPad down low. Cool, but the only bad thing is now I can't use the neck strap. Never did anyway, but now it's no longer an option.

Also added a piggyback harness to run 3rd Party Lipos. I've got two 1300 mah 6S that are mounted to a 3D printed bracket. Total Mah comes to 8400. No flight times yet, but remember I'm carrying a heavier X1R anyway. I'll throw my Osmo's X3 on there to get some more relatable flight times for everyone. At least after the hurricane clears up.

AUW is probably at the limit, no doubt, but thought I'd share. I've actually flown it with this setup without the batteries connected just to test the weight limits and it still flies. It's not the most nimble thing in the world with vertical climb, but hey, you've got 8400 mah, you've got all day now. All the rest, descent, and standard pitching maneuvers did not feel appreciably affected.

Other notes: if you mount the batteries on the bottom of that bracket like I had originally wanted to, they affect the landing opto sensors. The craft ALWAYS thinks it's near the ground and it'll fly with the gear down even if it's 100 feet in the air... so that was a no-go. Only option is to mount them on top.

Potential concerns: any of the wires coming loose and hitting a prop. I've got them all pretty taut as it is now, so nothing should come loose, to be honest, but you should be efficient with your soldering and not leave much slack in the harness that you're inevitably going to have to custom solder.

Happy Flying.
Hi SimplyKen, like your setting, give us a shot about the flight time.

Beautiful work Ken! I really want to add an FPV camera (only - no battery mods for me), as I have the dual operator set-up ready to go. Can you give me more information on your camera choice, how you mounted it, video card etc. I love that you didn't drill the hood for the camera. I would like to keep it reversible if possible. All the best.
Ken Hovland (PEI, Canada)

Maximum Take-Off Mass - Inspire 1:
T600: 3,4 kg
T601: 3,5 kg

Interested to hear the current total mass.

If you exceed the MTOM, it might still fly, but maneuverability (e.g. braking distance), maximum windspeed, and max altitude (density) will be compromised...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah