Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New nVidia Shield coming?

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy 2 tablets for my new Inspire (I'm new to all of this). Everything I read and my local experts all say NVidia Shield is the best. But I can't find them available on the Internet (I assume due tot he recent recall). I also read there was a new version coming out this summer but I don't know when (or if it already did).

Should I wait for a new NVidia or go a different path? I have a couple older ipad mini's that I can use in the meantime.

If you WAIT for a new Ipad Pro, or new Nvidia or Sony Z5 (as the z4 is a joke of a plastic mirror) basically will not make a big difference. There just is nothing you can buy available at the moment.

Yep the iPads (Air 1/2 or mini 2/3) are pretty much the only good thing that is actually currently available.

iv e got a shield and an air 2 and really to me there is very little difference. the air 2 is SLIGHTLY smoother and cleaner but not by much. the air 2 screen is nice to have though with the larger size. makes adjusting the settings while flying a little easier. HOWEVER if i had to pick one it would be the air 2

I'm looking to buy 2 tablets for my new Inspire (I'm new to all of this). Everything I read and my local experts all say NVidia Shield is the best. But I can't find them available on the Internet (I assume due tot he recent recall). I also read there was a new version coming out this summer but I don't know when (or if it already did).

Should I wait for a new NVidia or go a different path? I have a couple older ipad mini's that I can use in the meantime.
I own 2 version 1 of the Nvidia Shield. Both are RMA for firmware blowing out the speakers and both replacements had defective batteries. It's been miserable. One of brand new Shield's hangs on the start screen and you need to hard reboot 4-6 times to get it to start. I purchased a Ipad Mini 2 and a Ipad Air 2 for replacements. Would never entertain another Nvidia product.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar