Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New purchase: m210

Reaction score
Hello.

I’ve been a part 107 pilot for over 1.5 years and been flying both my personal Mavic Pro as well as a fire department Mavic Pro.

The department just purchased an m-210 with xt2 and z-30.

Just waiting on delivery.

I’m excited to learn everything I can about this aircraft so I can teach others.

My co-worker and I are firefighters and instructors and have taught several part 107 courses for multiple agencies.

Our department is the leader in the region when it comes to the drone program.

Reactions: Advexure
Welcome to InspirePilots, @Lapeer20m. Congrats to your department on the recent procurement of an M210/XT2/Z30. You've joined a great community here filled with a wealth of knowledge.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum, and fly safe! :cool:

Hello.

I’ve been a part 107 pilot for over 1.5 years and been flying both my personal Mavic Pro as well as a fire department Mavic Pro.

The department just purchased an m-210 with xt2 and z-30.

Just waiting on delivery.

I’m excited to learn everything I can about this aircraft so I can teach others.

My co-worker and I are firefighters and instructors and have taught several part 107 courses for multiple agencies.

Our department is the leader in the region when it comes to the drone program.
Obviously be aware/mindful of the issues surrounding the batteries for the M210 at the moment until the problem is investigated and rectified by DJI.
DJI Advises Customers To Fly With Caution When Using TB50 And TB55 Batteries In Drones

And UK Civil Aviation Advisory - http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SafetyNotice2018010.pdf

Hello and good luck with your aircraft, and thank you for your work as a firefighter.

As a recent purchaser of a M210 RTK, I offer these few ideas and input. You didn't indicate that you got the RTK, but if you did, be mindful that there isn't a whole lot of documentation about setup and use of the RTK. The RTK base station much be turned on first, and sometimes (for no apparent reason at all) the M210 a weak RTK signal and not want to fly. I haven't isolated the best practices set up location yet. However, some trial and error is needed to find the best spot and all will be OK.

Also RTK, once the basestation is on and locked in, don't move the base station unless you cycle all the power (base station, M210 and remote) again. Lastly, the remote, Crystal sky and RTK datalink start to get really heavy after just a few minutes. I own the Hoodman drone belt and the Hoodman tripod adaptor. Putting the entire control rig on a tripod is now a MUST for me. The guys at Hoodman were AWESOME. They worked with me to make sure their stuff worked with the bigger datalink module on the Cendence.

A quick note about the M210 and the two cameras. I sometimes fly with just the z30 and not the XT2. In that configuration, you MUST put the z30 in port I of the M210 (when using both cameras it will go in Port II). You will be using two different apps when you fly. The DJI Go4 app when JUST using the z30, and the Pilot app when using both cameras. If you fly just the z30 alone, the pilot app will not control zoom for the camera (hence the need for the Go4). When using both cameras, and the z30 in port II, the Pilot App will control zoom.

There are dozens of little things you will discover of course about this aircraft and these two cameras, and be aware that there doesn't seem to be a huge online community for them (but there are some 210 pilots here on this site, and they seem open to discussion too). Overall, I have been happy when using my 210RTK. I feel it is a good platform. I do wish DJI had a more robust support system for us.

Good luck again, and happy flying!

Welcome to the M210 world. We have a similar setup for SAR that we acquired about 6 months ago. Previously we had 3 P4P+ that have served us well and I have 2 I1 Pro's that have helped me transition into the M210. Daniel has already highlighted some of the oddities of the M210 platform (ours is not the RTK). Go slow, do some static flying (tabletop or ?) to figure out all the camera stuff and you'll find it's a pretty amazing platform. Very stable and the zoom on the z-30 is scary good, especially for SAR use.

Hello and good luck with your aircraft, and thank you for your work as a firefighter.

As a recent purchaser of a M210 RTK, I offer these few ideas and input. You didn't indicate that you got the RTK, but if you did, be mindful that there isn't a whole lot of documentation about setup and use of the RTK. The RTK base station much be turned on first, and sometimes (for no apparent reason at all) the M210 a weak RTK signal and not want to fly. I haven't isolated the best practices set up location yet. However, some trial and error is needed to find the best spot and all will be OK.

Also RTK, once the basestation is on and locked in, don't move the base station unless you cycle all the power (base station, M210 and remote) again. Lastly, the remote, Crystal sky and RTK datalink start to get really heavy after just a few minutes. I own the Hoodman drone belt and the Hoodman tripod adaptor. Putting the entire control rig on a tripod is now a MUST for me. The guys at Hoodman were AWESOME. They worked with me to make sure their stuff worked with the bigger datalink module on the Cendence.

A quick note about the M210 and the two cameras. I sometimes fly with just the z30 and not the XT2. In that configuration, you MUST put the z30 in port I of the M210 (when using both cameras it will go in Port II). You will be using two different apps when you fly. The DJI Go4 app when JUST using the z30, and the Pilot app when using both cameras. If you fly just the z30 alone, the pilot app will not control zoom for the camera (hence the need for the Go4). When using both cameras, and the z30 in port II, the Pilot App will control zoom.

There are dozens of little things you will discover of course about this aircraft and these two cameras, and be aware that there doesn't seem to be a huge online community for them (but there are some 210 pilots here on this site, and they seem open to discussion too). Overall, I have been happy when using my 210RTK. I feel it is a good platform. I do wish DJI had a more robust support system for us.

Good luck again, and happy flying!

Fantastic reply. Thank you very much for the insight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa