Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New To Drones (Inspire 1) - Any Recommended Additional Essentials?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'll be perfectly honest, I'm a total drone novice and I've just ordered a DJI Inspire 1. I've realised straight away I'll need additional batteries, so I've ordered 3 extra.

Are there any "essentials" you would suggest I purchased to go with the Inspire 1?

I've spent close to £3000 on the Inspire 1 + 3 batteries and the iPad Air 2, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

(Maybe going straight in for an Inspire 1 when I've never used any drone before could be a bad idea, but they look great and I couldn't talk myself out of it).

Many thanks,
Dan

Welcome to the fold!!
You may want to get a sun hood for the Ipad. I use a mini 2 and it was virtually impossible to see on sunny days due to glare.
Best advice I can give is take your time and get to know it. Conditioning and getting used to the way the controls work mean everything.
Think of it like learning to drive. At first everything requires thought but becomes second nature with experience. In time reactions to conditions will become reflexes.

Toilet Paper!, cause you are gonna have a wonderful year. ( toilet paper to clean your bird after every flight)

Reactions: 8kto
Hmmm... I thought the toilet paper was to clean one's self after a near miss!!
:eek:
But seriously.. a clean bird is a must as well as regular close scrutiny looking for cracks, loose screws, and any other irregularities.

Hmmm... I thought the toilet paper was to clean one's self after a near miss!!
:eek:
But seriously.. a clean bird is a must as well as regular close scrutiny looking for cracks, loose screws, and any other irregularities.
I dint want 2 b mean TP is grate to clean between d a^^ crack do. sure:cool: have left a few panties at the flying field my self:confused::rolleyes:

Ck out UTube....see how people learn to fly without breaking
something. Find a nice wide open field and take it Slow!!
The last words for many pilots who get in trouble is...Hey..ya'll watch this!
Get a portable landing pad. Keeps debris out of your machine.
Good luck...been flying an I1 for two years and love it.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

If it cold at the moment look to buy a battery heater cos they operate best at 20deg C. Also a battery cover that fits around the battery cage on the inspire. RC Geeks of Crawley, Sussex have both in stock. Good luck

Sent from my SM-A300FU using InspirePilots mobile app

Get a bit of training or go fly with someone who has a decent experience of flying them; you can then learn from all their past mistakes rather than learn from making them yourself :)

Have you flown anything RC before? If not you might want to pick up something cheap and fairly small to practice on. You'll end up getting turned around and won't react on the sticks instinctively and you could end up hurting yourself or someone else. The inspire is a bit large to get hit with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Offet1989