Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New to the Inspire...

Reaction score
Website
www.http
Greetings,

I just today purchased a pre-owned DJI Inspire 1 V2. It is due to arrive around the 18th of June (about a week).

I have done about 32 paid DroneBase missions with a little Mavic Pro and I wanted to get something that would allow me to do some more advanced missions and hopefully earn a little more money than I have been.

So that's what's happening. I would welcome any suggestions as to how to prepare so I can be ready to go flying after a thorough check out.

For the record my purchase was based on my budget and suggestions from trusted friends and acquaintances.

I received the Inspire 1 V2, hard case, and 4 batts for around $1300 inc. shipping w/ 30 day guarantee.

Thanks for any suggestions or help...

Oh yeah and of course I'm a 107 and I do have a private pilot's license although I have not been current in quite a while.

Reactions: Advexure
Welcome to InspirePilots, Keith, and congrats on your recent I1 purchase. Sounds like a great kit you acquired. There is a so much to learn around the forum and I recommend roaming around and scouring content as you choose. If you haven't located it already, there is a dedicated Inspire 1 discussion board here: Inspire 1 Discussion

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, see you around IP, and safe flying! :cool:

–The Advexure Team

Reactions: Keith Chirsan
Definitely a step up for the Mavic. You will love it. It is definitely a different Bird. First time you put that thing up in the air you will realize you made the right move. Down the road if you can afford it Z3 would be my next upgrade.

Definitely a step up for the Mavic. You will love it. It is definitely a different Bird. First time you put that thing up in the air you will realize you made the right move. Down the road if you can afford it Z3 would be my next upgrade.

Thanks Chipdji. I'm looking forward to that because I'm still impressed by what I get out of the Mavic Pro.

I am not familiar with the X3 which is coming with the Inspire next week. I will check out the Z3 you recommend tomorrow.
I think my first move is to figure out which software (mapping etc.) would make sense for me so I can get started.

Greetings,

I just today purchased a pre-owned DJI Inspire 1 V2. It is due to arrive around the 18th of June (about a week).

I have done about 32 paid DroneBase missions with a little Mavic Pro and I wanted to get something that would allow me to do some more advanced missions and hopefully earn a little more money than I have been.

So that's what's happening. I would welcome any suggestions as to how to prepare so I can be ready to go flying after a thorough check out.

For the record my purchase was based on my budget and suggestions from trusted friends and acquaintances.

I received the Inspire 1 V2, hard case, and 4 batts for around $1300 inc. shipping w/ 30 day guarantee.

Thanks for any suggestions or help...

Oh yeah and of course I'm a 107 and I do have a private pilot's license although I have not been current in quite a while.
congrats on your new drone

Thanks Chipdji. I'm looking forward to that because I'm still impressed by what I get out of the Mavic Pro.

I am not familiar with the X3 which is coming with the Inspire next week. I will check out the Z3 you recommend tomorrow.
I think my first move is to figure out which software (mapping etc.) would make sense for me so I can get started.
Besides the DJI Go app, I use DroneDeploy for mapping/survey missions and Litchi for smart shots.

Reactions: Keith Chirsan
Does anyone know about the Virtual Surveyor Software. Is it worth it or just use Drone Deploy. Virtual Surveyor seems easy and less expensive however I have not seen any reviews or post about it. Our surveying business is looking to start using the drone to map out contour lines using CAD for mainly 2D in relatively flat areas in West Texas. Inspire 2.

Virtual Surveyor does not fly the drone or process the images into maps/models

Virtual Surveyor is software that takes the orthomosaic and DSM output by your photogrammetry software (like Pix4D or Agisoft or DroneDeploy) and allows you to create layered CAD files (contours, TINs, breaklines, points, boundaries, etc.) for export into civil engineering and CAD software packages. In this it is very good. But it does not replace photogrammetry software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters