Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

New to the Inspire...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keith Chirsan, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Keith Chirsan

Greetings,

I just today purchased a pre-owned DJI Inspire 1 V2. It is due to arrive around the 18th of June (about a week).

I have done about 32 paid DroneBase missions with a little Mavic Pro and I wanted to get something that would allow me to do some more advanced missions and hopefully earn a little more money than I have been.

So that's what's happening. I would welcome any suggestions as to how to prepare so I can be ready to go flying after a thorough check out.

For the record my purchase was based on my budget and suggestions from trusted friends and acquaintances.

I received the Inspire 1 V2, hard case, and 4 batts for around $1300 inc. shipping w/ 30 day guarantee.

Thanks for any suggestions or help...

Oh yeah and of course I'm a 107 and I do have a private pilot's license although I have not been current in quite a while.

Advexure likes this.
  2. AeroMirage

Welcome aboard!!!
    The Inspire 1 is a considerable step up from the Mavic.
    Enjoy!!

Stryker, Keith Chirsan and Advexure like this.
  3. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Welcome to InspirePilots, Keith, and congrats on your recent I1 purchase. Sounds like a great kit you acquired. There is a so much to learn around the forum and I recommend roaming around and scouring content as you choose. If you haven't located it already, there is a dedicated Inspire 1 discussion board here: Inspire 1 Discussion

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, see you around IP, and safe flying! :cool:

–The Advexure Team

Keith Chirsan likes this.
  4. Chipdji

Definitely a step up for the Mavic. You will love it. It is definitely a different Bird. First time you put that thing up in the air you will realize you made the right move. Down the road if you can afford it Z3 would be my next upgrade.

Stryker and Keith Chirsan like this.
  5. Keith Chirsan

Thanks Chipdji. I'm looking forward to that because I'm still impressed by what I get out of the Mavic Pro.

I am not familiar with the X3 which is coming with the Inspire next week. I will check out the Z3 you recommend tomorrow.
    I think my first move is to figure out which software (mapping etc.) would make sense for me so I can get started.

6. Dr. Zaius

congrats on your new drone

7. Keith Chirsan

Thanks. Can't wait...

8. Chipdji

8055C41A-2093-4986-BC6E-079CA88362C6.jpeg They’re just Bad ass.

9. T Bird

Besides the DJI Go app, I use DroneDeploy for mapping/survey missions and Litchi for smart shots.

Keith Chirsan likes this.
  10. Keith Chirsan

Thanks!
    I used DJI GO today. Not the 4 but the original. Very similar to what I've been using with the Mavic Pro with DJI GO 4.