Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Travel Mode?

Reaction score
I was able to watch someone live feed on Facebook but I totally missed the Travel Mode made easier part. Did the change this? What is the change exactly?

five presses on the power button, it waits for the camera to be removed then squats down into travel mode

Thank you for the quick respond AMG! Thank god this was changed because the Inspire1 version way was really annoying :)

This should definitely be implemented through a firmware update for the I1 in the future. I find the current situation looks a bit unprofessional, and takes too long when time is of the essence.

This should definitely be implemented through a firmware update for the I1 in the future. I find the current situation looks a bit unprofessional, and takes too long when time is of the essence.

A couple taps on the screen 'looks unprofessional'?

Reactions: DdN
A couple taps on the screen 'looks unprofessional'?
To me, yes. As a professional, I never use any app to control stuff like landing, taking of, raising or lowering gear, as well as going in/out travel mode. That is something I always want to be able to do with a button press or a switch. Rather not leave it to any app. Pressing a smartphone or tablet screen, BIG yes, sorry, to me it's typical consumer and not professional.

Glad to get that off my chest, thanks!
Too much coffee today I guess :)

To me, yes. As a professional, I never use any app to control stuff like landing, taking of, raising or lowering gear, as well as going in/out travel mode. That is something I always want to be able to do with a button press or a switch. Rather not leave it to any app. Pressing a smartphone or tablet screen, BIG yes, sorry, to me it's typical consumer and not professional.

And agreed, the 3 jerks on that little ring around the RTH knob to go in/out TM are a bit awkward. But better than relying on any app.

I confess I am an old analog guy. In music and RC flying. Although I really like what I can do with the Inspire 1, I can't help to find the old fashion method of 'turning knobs' the safest.

Last edited:
Reactions: eldorado

I'm shocked you allow yourself to do something dirty like use an app to adjust exposure. *gasp*

Reactions: Phil-RCGeeks
I'm shocked you allow yourself to do something dirty like use an app to adjust exposure. *gasp*
I use the remote wheels and buttons as much as possible. Only initial settings pre flight I do through the app. While flying I use the remote as much as possible, also for adjusting exposure.

It's just that touchscreens are not always reliable to control physical stuff. Some screens react already when something like a droplet of moist hits the screen. That's why I hate stuff like raising and lowering the gear through a finger press on the screen.

Reactions: SKY pics WA
It's just that touchscreens are not always reliable to control physical stuff. Some screens react already when something like a droplet of moist hits the screen. That's why I hate stuff like raising and lowering the gear through a finger press on the screen.

Yes, they generally are. The inputs you make on the RC are transmitted to the bird in the same way the inputs are made from the mobile device.

Yes, they generally are. The inputs you make on the RC are transmitted to the bird in the same way the inputs are made from the mobile device.
You're right. But using the screen for everything is not safe enough IMO. But you don't even need a mobile device or app (or the camera) to just fly it.
For telemetry information, FPV and setup or flight planning mobile apps are great. But controlling anything physical IMHO is something for sticks, knobs and buttons.

But I said it already, I'm analog. I like real knobs. I like to control my craft app less AMAP.
(Back to topic now)
I like to invoke travel mode with a knob.
With that respect, the new I2 way of 5 power button presses is a good thing. and better than jerking that ring. And way better than pressing a greasy finger on an icon.

Again, just me.

Five greasy presses on a button instead. And no jerking.
Your signature block is very impressive.
How much do you make a year, how many square feet is your house, and how big is your wee wee?

We were confused as to why we could not get our I2's out of travel mode. We ended up using the screw hole in the bottom of the I2. Then when we were watching the launch we learned that it just took 5 presses on the power button and then remove the gimbal and wa la travel mode. Do the same thing and it exits travel mode. I agree the prior system was a pain. Now you do not have to power the RC. A great improvement.

Reactions: lake_flyer
="Dan C, post: 127023, member: 20654"and how big is ........?
To end the discussions now and in the future about size, which I now realize, clearly does matter to some people, I edited my signature. pff, sorry for straying off the topic, never my intention. And I end it here.

I haven't even tried the automatic features yet, I hate the potential occourance of having the automation do something that im not expecting. When I want to raise the laning gear, I will. When I want to lower them, I will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1