Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Zenmuse Z3 Zoom Camera announced

It seems fair to say something is in the works. With the Z3 announcement, expect upgrades to the X5 family to come shortly. And there has to be an Inspire 2 announcement waiting in the wings of DJI HQ
No sources but expect the z3 x3 to be of the quality/sensor. 60mbps
Osmo 2 release obviously coming soon.

Mmm, looks expensive for what it is, when you compare to the cost of Olympus 14-42mm lens for the X5

It looks as if the Z3 supports in-flight zoom, without risk of over taxing the gimbal. In flight zoom with 14-24mm on X5 has balance issues. Not sure how material they are, but I've avoided the risk, and I like my 12/25/45 oympus primes anyway. But in special cases where I could live the Z3's IQ, seems like the in flight zoom flexibility could be useful.

Outside of the zoom function, is the actual quality of the footage going to be any better on the Z3 versus the X3? Is the sensor better? Will there be a higher bitrate provided in the new firmware?

Outside of the zoom function, is the actual quality of the footage going to be any better on the Z3 versus the X3? Is the sensor better? Will there be a higher bitrate provided in the new firmware?
The spec page says the sensor is the same as the X3. I don't reckon the birate or quality will be any different, hoping I'm wrong though.

The spec page says the sensor is the same as the X3. I don't reckon the birate or quality will be any different, hoping I'm wrong though.

For the most part, people here seem to be missing the point of this new product -- it doesn't claim to have better optics or a more advanced sensor. What it is is a product aimed at industrial users, specifically those that do inspection or agricultural work. It's spelled out clearly in their description, and appears to be slanted towards allowing people in the inspection business to hover a little further away from what they are inspecting. This is obviously beneficial for inspection of hydro wires and telco equipment where getting too close is fraught with danger.

Those that are hoping that this is some kind of newer/better high-end video gear have missed the point. Go back and read the promo info -- it's all there, with pictures that illustrate the point. Not all new gear is going to be "better" for everyone. But for people like @IrishSights and possibly me, the Z3 addresses a certain need.

I expect that with the multiple lens elements (maybe even plastic) and slow speed, this will likely deliver a less enticing picture than the X3, but also likely to be more than enough for the narrow industrial market for which it's designed.

Reactions: IrishSights

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207