Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newark Airport Drone

First there were all pictures with a Phantom and now the Inspire.But again I wonder why idiots doing this.

Why do the pilots reporting "drone" sightings NOT have any pics of them !!!
WTF Man, are you sure it wasn't a pigeon, a plastic bag, a giant rubber? !!!

I have seen at least 20 reports of "sightings", and even though 8yo children have cameras on their person, none of these pilots do?

I have seen at least 20 reports of "sightings", and even though 8yo children have cameras on their person, none of these pilots do?
That's what I mean.As soon something appears in the sky it is supposed to be a drone(and almost one from DJI).Never seen a Yuneec or so.

Reactions: Gary E

I think the pilots have a little more on the minds landing the plane and its passengers safely than to bother taking photos. Also they will be flying a 170-220kts so they are lucky to see it let alone do anything so trivial. They would not misidentify anything like a drone. They will end up with nose camera to collect the evidence to ground these stupid idiots.

Reactions: huppe
I know two Heli-pilots that fly for news outlets. They have both told me that they believe their jobs are in danger of being replaced with "drones". One told a story of having "thought" he saw a "drone" near his community air port while coming in for a landing, he reported it and it's location, 3 km from the air port, then reported it 4 more times over the next few days (even though he didn't see it again). his reason: If they keep reporting near miss' with drones then Transport Canada will eventually shut them (drones) down and his JOB will be safe.
That's when he found out I am a UAV owner/pilot. I can not repeat here the exchange that followed between us, BUT we are no longer friends. And I reported our conversation to the control tower and Transport Canada.
Respect to Transport Canada, they called him in and questioned him about his reports of sighting "drones". And he was warned about making false reports. I know this because he called me, PISSED, that I almost cost him his job at the news channel.

So don't believe every report of sighting UVA's near news copters, even if they have pictures or video, these guys are equipped with some state of the art cameras and could get pictures of a UAV from over a mile away and make it look like it's right beside them.

I know two Heli-pilots that fly for news outlets. They have both told me that they believe their jobs are in danger of being replaced with "drones". One told a story of having "thought" he saw a "drone" near his community air port while coming in for a landing, he reported it and it's location, 3 km from the air port, then reported it 4 more times over the next few days (even though he didn't see it again). his reason: If they keep reporting near miss' with drones then Transport Canada will eventually shut them (drones) down and his JOB will be safe.
That's when he found out I am a UAV owner/pilot. I can not repeat here the exchange that followed between us, BUT we are no longer friends. And I reported our conversation to the control tower and Transport Canada.
Respect to Transport Canada, they called him in and questioned him about his reports of sighting "drones". And he was warned about making false reports. I know this because he called me, PISSED, that I almost cost him his job at the news channel.

So don't believe every report of sighting UVA's near news copters, even if they have pictures or video, these guys are equipped with some state of the art cameras and could get pictures of a UAV from over a mile away and make it look like it's right beside them.
In the UK our media organisations (ie BBC/Sky/ITV) do use helicopters and fixed wing aircraft for filming but never in the multitudes and altitudes we see on news reports from across the pond. The helicopters have to obey normally UK rules (ie. above 500 ft) and certainly not following car chases (that is the police's job). More and more now the media here are using drones to cover stories with their own qualified remote pilots and CAA permissions (and they tend to stress the later).

Or a silver colored mylar ballon from an automobile sales car lot? As a private pilot, I had one of those go by me while "in the pattern", down wind for landing. Scared the bajesus out of me as it flash by in an instant. After it happened multiple times, (not to me), the car sales lot was eventually told no more ballons outside.

Very Interesting, and this may very well be the plot here in America and makes perfect sense.. Pilots losing Commision on their private flights for photographers and land surveys.. Well Now, yet another angle[emoji6]!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84