Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie needs help with vision postioning

Reaction score
Hi All

sorry about the dumb *** questions.. but I'm stuck

1. I know that the Led's are switchable and that option is only available when the inspire is off .... but when I slide the button to on... it just slides back to off and I would like to see them on

2. Much the same as above I want to activate the vision position system.. but like wise the button slides back to of

I have checked in search... but can't find the answer It may need something else set on or off the enable these functions

Any guidance is good in these matters

Mike

These options do not apply to the Inspire, these 2 components are always on at least for now.

Don't look at what's in the app when the aircraft is not powered on and connected. Only things that are there when it is are applicable to your aircraft with the firmware version it is running.

Last edited:
Hi All

sorry about the dumb *** questions.. but I'm stuck

1. I know that the Led's are switchable and that option is only available when the inspire is off .... but when I slide the button to on... it just slides back to off and I would like to see them on

2. Much the same as above I want to activate the vision position system.. but like wise the button slides back to of

I have checked in search... but can't find the answer It may need something else set on or off the enable these functions

Any guidance is good in these matters

Mike
As Kilrah says, these options are not available (yet) for the Inspire.
The ability to turn the front LEDs off is probably not needed on the I1 in any case since the aircraft has retractable landing gear so lights in shot are not an issue.
The switchable VPS is coming to the Inspire.

Hi again

cheers for your help.. I can understand the Vision positioning being on all time.. but I don't have any leds on and I want to enable them

So what can I check to see why they aren't on

Mike

Hi again

cheers for your help.. I can understand the Vision positioning being on all time.. but I don't have any leds on and I want to enable them

So what can I check to see why they aren't on

Mike
The LEDs only come on after the motors start.
If they are not illuminating on motor idle then your Inspire is faulty.

The LEDs only come on after the motors start.
If they are not illuminating on motor idle then your Inspire is faulty.

Doh !!!! I feel such a dumb *** I just realized that, I raced down stairs to alter my question and you beat me to it

Thanks for your patience

Cheers Mike

As Kilrah says, these options are not available (yet) for the Inspire.
The ability to turn the front LEDs off is probably not needed on the I1 in any case since the aircraft has retractable landing gear so lights in shot are not an issue.
The switchable VPS is coming to the Inspire.

Curious, what are the benefits to being able to turn off the sonar?

Curious, what are the benefits to being able to turn off the sonar?
Stops erroneous position fix if the ground pattern is moving (long grass etc). Will also stop changes in height if terrain following. (I am talking aboutnthe VPS as a whole here rather just the sonar module which obviously just deals with height sensing).

Have a look here (although on a P3 the principle is the same)

Last edited:
Reactions: skylabimaging
Hmmm, interesting, I've experienced some scenarios (I refrain from the term 'issue' cause I don't think that's the case) where the inspire drops in altitude, sometimes after a quick decent, I may only be 4 or 5ft and it begins to drop to like 1ft sometimes less. I make the corrections but would that be considered an erroneous movement. Would the VPS behing turned off help?

Sorry, rambling at this point, thanks for the info Editor :)

Hmmm, interesting, I've experienced some scenarios (I refrain from the term 'issue' cause I don't think that's the case) where the inspire drops in altitude, sometimes after a quick decent, I may only be 4 or 5ft and it begins to drop to like 1ft sometimes less. I make the corrections but would that be considered an erroneous movement. Would the VPS behing turned off help?

Sorry, rambling at this point, thanks for the info Editor :)
More likely to just be the barometer stabilising if it is immediately after a rapid decent.
VPS helping at that height (as it would be active at 4ft etc) would totally depend on the terrain below the Inspire. If it was a field of crops etc, VPS would be pretty useless since the sonar would not reflect reliably from the crops and the camera would be picking up moving targets (like the YouTube vid). If it was a hard surface (path, parking lot etc) VPS would help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44