Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newest firmware is horrible :(

Sigh...

Question: How to proceed? My apps are crashing like crazy. iPad Pro Dji go 4.

My bird says it’s on 01.01.0200 in the Dji go4 app. The assistant app on the pc says I need to upgrade to 1.01.0200. Then it says to upgrade to the latest version 01.01.0300.

I have the X5S & X7. Do I upgrade from the assistant to the .0200 with X5S on or the X7 or none? What about for .0300? The release notes say to have the X7 on but the prompt on the Dji go 4 says to not update with X7 on. At what point does X7 go on for update?

Thoughts?

I believe the DJI warning with the X7 was to do the latest version with the X7 on the I2, but some got buggered where the X7 went into gimbal slap. You might be safe to update the I2 first sans a camera, and then redo it with the X7. When I put my X5S on it did a really quick update of it after I did the X4S which took a bit longer. I do all my I2 firmware updates with Assistant 2.1.6 on Windows. Then I do the RC off the iPad using GO, and then re-link the I2 and RC afterwards. I don't leave any memory cards in the drones either doing this.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
My I2 was alarming so i updated the firmware from 1.01 to 1.02 (which was terrible) - then updated to 1.03 (also terrible). Have just downgraded back to 1.01 (via Assistant) - did quick flight test - no alarming - cam (gimbal) has stopped drifting. Will do a complete set of calibrations and redo a flight test and hope it gets back to what it was before the 1.02 update??

Reactions: Phil DeVore
My I2 was alarming so i updated the firmware from 1.01 to 1.02 (which was terrible) - then updated to 1.03 (also terrible). Have just downgraded back to 1.01 (via Assistant) - did quick flight test - no alarming - cam (gimbal) has stopped drifting. Will do a complete set of calibrations and redo a flight test and hope it gets back to what it was before the 1.02 update??

What do you mean by alarming ?

Sigh...

Question: How to proceed? My apps are crashing like crazy. iPad Pro Dji go 4.

My bird says it’s on 01.01.0200 in the Dji go4 app. The assistant app on the pc says I need to upgrade to 1.01.0200. Then it says to upgrade to the latest version 01.01.0300.

I have the X5S & X7. Do I upgrade from the assistant to the .0200 with X5S on or the X7 or none? What about for .0300? The release notes say to have the X7 on but the prompt on the Dji go 4 says to not update with X7 on. At what point does X7 go on for update?

Thoughts?

What iOS version are you on, make sure your on 11.2 on and not 11.1.2.

What do you mean by alarming ?
After turning everything on - RC, I2 and tablet, RC would start alarming (beeping) - everything had been working ok for quite some time - had not made any firmware updates for several months and happy with the performance on the I2 - so i updated the firmware to 1.02 (terrible) then 1.03 (terrible) - so have downgraded I2 back to 1.01 - and no alarming - and no cam (gimbal) drifting ???

:(J:( Wahaaaoooo guys we talk about 10,000 bucks drone here, i like DJI products, but im sorry i cant paid 10.000 usd to this
unfinished product, i go to waiting a stable firmware producted by a respective companie :(J:(

For $Aust12k, you'd expect to be purchasing a safe and reliable product - and there's no way i'd be purchasing the crystalsky monitor or the X7 at that ridiculous price and all the bugs i expect they have. The Inspire2 is a good machine, compromised by terrible firmware updates - if the I2 firmware updates aren't sorted soon, this will be the last dji product i will purchase.

Reactions: TheGrumpster
I agree mav. The Inspire 2 is a great machine physically and for a m43 format, the X5S is no slouch either. When things actually work (which is very rarely, I hate to say), this is far and away the best platform I have ever used. Sadly, the software (aircraft firmware, Go app) is just complete crap. And the worst part is that each update makes things worse, not better. But DJI is hardly alone here. Just think how wonderful things were 10 years ago when we had Windows XP and a stable version of OSX. Software is basically a malignancy as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: mav and Casey53
I agree mav. The Inspire 2 is a great machine physically and for a m43 format, the X5S is no slouch either. When things actually work (which is very rarely, I hate to say), this is far and away the best platform I have ever used. Sadly, the software (aircraft firmware, Go app) is just complete crap. And the worst part is that each update makes things worse, not better. But DJI is hardly alone here. Just think how wonderful things were 10 years ago when we had Windows XP and a stable version of OSX. Software is basically a malignancy as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you 1000+%. DJI is producing crapware which is messing up their products.

Okay, some of their products are rushed to market with flaws that should never exist in the first place, e.g. That bolt-on Focus Wheel 2 that would not even work out of the box new for anyone as the boss on the bracket would not allow it to mate with the wheel, or the idiotic cable on Focus Wheel 1 that would not even work with the jack unless you bought the right one as an extra. Quality Control seems non-existent verses pushing it out the door with tilted sensors. Batteries that are DOA when new. It's like their design people never see the final product as it is put on a ship and sold, that and engineering never fly or use the products. Their Marketing team is great (albeit they stretch the truth a bit at times!) to get the stuff sold. Their crackerjack Service Department may say "Flight Tested," yet it comes back with old firmware asking you to update it (Really???) or still as broken as when sent in.

I wish someone else with some product ethics and quality control would step up to the plate. However, DJI may end up suing them as they push their ideas first to market even though it fails, but it does give them a patent or copyright as a legal wallet to keep them as a drone monopoly even with shoddy merchandise.

Reactions: mav

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont