Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No 4K (4096 x 2160) on OSMO

Reaction score
I have no option for 4096 x 2160 recording on my OSMO with the white Inspire 1 X3 camera, is this the way it suppose to be? Doesn't the OSMO together with the Inspire 1 X3 camera / gimbal handle 4096x2160 or what?

If it does then whats the problem? Nothing happens when i hit the 4K button (4096x2160).

A couple of other things i noticed after the latest OSMO update is that i have started to get some very short freezings of the live view on the iPhone 6+ when using the OSMO, that didn't happen on the earlier firmware.

Also the fan on the white X3 camera /gimbal kicks in immediately after turning on the OSMO, on the earlier firmware it took some time before it came on.
Are these tings the way they suppose to be?

Last edited:
Reactions: frasmac
I shot some test footage today in 4096x2160 so you should be good! What speed is your micro sd? And same here with my i1 X3 + Osmo the fan starts right away thats normal.

Btw i shot D LOG/ Custom +3 sharpness like you mentionned and turned out great!

I shot some test footage today in 4096x2160 so you should be good! What speed is your micro sd? And same here with my i1 X3 + Osmo the fan starts right away thats normal.

Btw i shot D LOG/ Custom +3 sharpness like you mentionned and turned out great!

I use the original 32 GB card that came with the Inspire 1.

Does anybody know if it is a setting that needs to be done before one being able to record in 4K?

Last edited:
Ha ha, it seems in the menu in the GO app where you choose video resolution the first thing it says is simply "4K", stupidly i thought that was the 4096 x 2160 resolution, but now i understand thats just the heading for all the different 4K resolutions that is directly under the 4K heading.
I saw that the 4096 x 2160 is lower down on the list.

It made me a bit confused because i thought it would start with the highest resolution on top and then lower resolutions lower down.

But i tested the 4096 x 2160 resolution and it seems to work, besides that my 2011 macBook with i5 processor doesn't seem to be able to handle 4K, the video freezes all the time for a second or two.

Do you OSMO owners have problems with lagging in live view in the GO app while using the OSMO after this latest firmware that is available? I have moderately lagging on the live view that was not there before the update. But fortunately it doesn't seem to affect the video recording.

Ha ha, it seems in the menu in the GO app where you choose video resolution the first thing it says is simply "4K", stupidly i thought that was the 4096 x 2160 resolution, but now i understand thats just the heading for all the different 4K resolutions that is directly under the 4K heading.
I saw that the 4096 x 2160 is lower down on the list.

It made me a bit confused because i thought it would start with the highest resolution on top and then lower resolutions lower down.

But i tested the 4096 x 2160 resolution and it seems to work, besides that my 2011 macBook with i5 processor doesn't seem to be able to handle 4K, the video freezes all the time for a second or two.

Do you OSMO owners have problems with lagging in live view in the GO app while using the OSMO after this latest firmware that is available? I have moderately lagging on the live view that was not there before the update. But fortunately it doesn't seem to affect the video recording.
Those headings for video settings caught me out too. It's bad graphic design. They only need to typeset the headings to look different and it wouldn't confuse anyone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84