Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Fly Zone Clarification

Reaction score
Hello,

Took out my Inspire 2 today to fly after many weeks of sitting. Updated to latest firmware on aircraft/remote/etc. Logged in and out of my DJI account. Set max altitude to 122 meters and distance to 1000 meters.

I cannot fly above 100ft and 100ft away. I've rebooted all devices several times. Triple checked settings. I also logged into DJI's Fly Safe website. I have a feeling it's something do to with flight restrictions?

For clarification are we allowed to fly in the two green zones labeled Warning Zones/Enhanced Warning Zones? I would never think anyone would attempt to fly in the red and yellow zones but green was fly with caution. Unless this has changed? I have flown in this area many times before.

Thanks for any help.

I’ll second what Florida Drone Supply said and if you still get troubles after that make sure the app is the last thing you turn on in the start up sequence

As far as the green zones, you are ok to fly there but be on the lookout as those are usually designated helicopter landing areas, or they could be grass runways with airplanes flying in the area. Grass and dirt strips are not always considered no fly zones because of their limited use. You just want to be on the lookout for full scale aircraft in the area and below 500 ft to land.

Thanks, reinstalled app will see if it works today. I'll be in an area with absolutely zero cell service/wifi hotspot. Does that ever have an effect on what I described in the first post? I usually cache the map if possible before loosing cell service.

Also to the last post I always ground the aircraft for any helicopter noise or low aircraft. Especially if in the "green zone".

Thanks, reinstalled app will see if it works today. I'll be in an area with absolutely zero cell service/wifi hotspot. Does that ever have an effect on what I described in the first post? I usually cache the map if possible before loosing cell service.

Also to the last post I always ground the aircraft for any helicopter noise or low aircraft. Especially if in the "green zone".
No. Just make sure your home spot is recorded correctly at take off. I have only seen this anomaly surface in the dji go app and you are about the first I’ve seen it happen with the go4 app but I believe it is a issue with certain things being in order or not being caught in the download when downloading the app. On my i1 I have downloaded the app and ran across this problem, went in and removed the app and downloaded it again all within a matter of 10 minutes then tried that one and had compass error messages coming across the screen along with other problems. Removed and downloaded it again after a 10 minute flight and it was back to this issue. With just about a 400 mb app tho what do you expect. To much garbage in it that dji should remove to ensure your aerial platform is safe to fly in the sky.

Another thing I noticed that seems to help is make sure you sync your flights with the new app. Solved some of the issues I was having.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet