Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No FPV camera display with Cendence/CrystalSky

Reaction score
I have:
  • Inspire 2 (firmware version 01.02.0100)
  • X7 Camera (version 01.08.22.02)
  • Cendence remote (version 02.00.0090)
  • Large/bright CrystalSky monitor
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to display the FPV camera feed. Here is what it looks like to me:

How do I get the FPV camera display on my screen?

Thanks.

Well, I'm 2 for 2 today on solving my own problems immediately after posting the question.

I found the Adjust FPV Gimbal menu option, and was presented with the waveform display. That's what is in the lower-right corner of the image above.

I turned off the waveform display, and it was stealthily replaced by the FPV camera feed.

Of all the idiotic software and UI ideas that DJI has, this might be the most idiotic.

Reactions: rent
Well, I'm 2 for 2 today on solving my own problems immediately after posting the question.

I found the Adjust FPV Gimbal menu option, and was presented with the waveform display. That's what is in the lower-right corner of the image above.

I turned off the waveform display, and it was stealthily replaced by the FPV camera feed.

Of all the idiotic software and UI ideas that DJI has, this might be the most idiotic.

I agree with your assesment. The only explanation I can think of is a limited transmision bandwidth not allowing for two live feeds at the same time. The waveform is pretty much a live feed as is the FPV, so you can have one or the other but not both. But I agree that the selfdiscovery journey through UI DJI sends their customers on is far from ideal.

Last edited:
My guess is that the waveform display requires similar bandwidth to the FPV display, and that there is only enough bandwidth for one or the other.

The inexplicable part to me is how difficult that was for me to figure out. I turned on the waveform display, because that's the most useful exposure tool available to a filmmaker. It silently replaced the FPV display, and I could not figure it out. This thing spits warnings at the pilot like there is no tomorrow; you would think they could pop one up when they are taking away the FPV display!

Have you tried prodding your digit on the screen and dragging the waveform out of the way?
I left that out of my original post. I tried moving the waveform display, but there was no FPV display hiding behind it.

It's a simple case of either/or: either the FPV feed or the waveform display, but not both.

And no indication of this limitation whatsoever!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84