Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NO Gimbal pitch smooth on Inspire 1??????

i dont think any good pilot can do this perfectly every time even with practise while doing other complicated procedures
Exactly. That's why commercial pilots aren't allowed to operate 'sensors' (like the gimbal) themselves. Unless the 'sensor' is dynamically and automatically moved by an App, commercial pilots always need a extra human sensor operator to handle the gimbal position. The mandatory observer is not allowed to operate any sensors.

So as far as professional use concerns, knowing professionals will always have to concentrate on the flying, DJI made a second controller option, just for this. A separate camera operator will have no trouble with easing in and out of the gimbal.
The P3 is positioned towards the consumer who wants to be able to do everything by himself. That's also the reason why the P3 doesn't have gimbal panning control. It would distract the pilot too much from the actual flying.

That said, I don't have any trouble in pitching the gimbal while flying and easing out at the end of the pitching.

My advise is if you're having a problem getting a shot with your Inspire is to put off your jobs and spend some time practicing your flying and moves.

I don't have any problem what so ever with Indpire getting smooth shots. You guys are too danm independent on features and you neglect the most important aspect - flying the machine. You don't have a clue what it's like to get a shot with just the pilot flying.

Practice pratice pratice

By the way the P3 does not have panning because of the pilots ability it's because the landing gear would be in the shot.

Regards!

Last edited:
You guys just love to stroke your egos and tell everyone how good you are.

I am asking about a feature and if anyone has figured out if this feature works on the inspire. Could people reply if you can answer my question and please withhold comment if you cant. Thank you

You guys just love to stroke your egos and tell everyone how good you are.

I am asking about a feature and if anyone has figured out if this feature works on the inspire. Could people reply if you can answer my question and please withhold comment if you cant. Thank you
My understanding is this works with the P3 and not the I1 currently. I haven't heard anyone say it works on the I1 yet.

Reactions: gregdd
There is no need for the feature on the Inspire - the pitch & roll work absolutely fine - if you're having problems getting a shot - its you rather than the machine. Like I said, go out and burn 2-4 batteries a day and get used to the machine.

This sort of reminds me of the Goofy "Brake" feature DJI added - its absolutely worthless as a screen door on a submarine - why would anyone want to stop a heli quickly and upset the plane of travel? The whole idea is to keep the platform smooth and level.

There is no need for the feature on the Inspire - the pitch & roll work absolutely fine - if you're having problems getting a shot - its you rather than the machine. Like I said, go out and burn 2-4 batteries a day and get used to the machine.

This sort of reminds me of the Goofy "Brake" feature DJI added - its absolutely worthless as a screen door on a submarine - why would anyone want to stop a heli quickly and upset the plane of travel? The whole idea is to keep the platform smooth and level.
Another person who wants to stroke his own ego. Are you guys so pathetic in your every day life that you have to post crap like this to make yourselves feel better?

Yesterday i was flying in cold weather and my fingers were cold and a piece of skin from my finger got caught between the wheel and controller. I didnt feel it because fingers were cold and when i pulled it out it jerked the wheel. Please dont tell me what i need and dont need.

Please respond if you have something valuable to input and please pass by this post if you dont.

I'm not being rude - I'm just telling you the problem with your Inspire is your inability to fly it and control the camera properly - as I mentioned, burn some batteries and practice, no one is going learn to fly a helicopter and do work with it in a year or two it takes time and patience.

By the way the P3 does not have panning because of the pilots ability it's because the landing gear would be in the shot.
My take:
If DJI figured that consumers would need a panning camera, they surely would have added a retractable gear. Coincidently, ALL there pro crafts have retractable gear and possibility for 360 panning gimbals. The I1 is the cross over in this respect, targeted at both consumers and pro's. But DJI made sure you only get full (and very smooth with the sticks) gimbal control when you have dual controller and a separate gimbal operator.

You don't have a clue what it's like to get a shot with just the pilot flying.
LMAO, really.
Tell that when (if you ever would) you fly your OPS exam. Busted.

Flying through your screen with FPV is dead simpel and like playing a computer game. Getting the shots you want in the process.
Flying VLOS (like old school RC flyers always did and still do) is the real craft.

And for those who did no understand what i mean ... Smooth pitch controls how the gimbal stops when you release the pitch wheel ..... so that way even if you release the wheel immediately the movement continues and stops smooth, so it is really helpfull to archive nice and smooth camera movements.... and also you do not have to worry or pay much atttention of how you release the wheel, you just let it go ....
all the rest aside... I'd like to have that option on the app for Inspire. Why not?

Reactions: gregdd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk