Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Image Transmission Signal - Gimbal OK

Hi,

I sent my Drone to Heliguy in Newcastle upon Tyne 7th January. I received the drone itself back at the end of January as only the camera was at fault.

Today I got back a different camera that is working.

Irritatingly my camera spent several weeks with the carriers enroute to the Netherlands/Newcastle/Netherlands/Newcastle due to import/export paperwork related to BREXIT.

The was no paperwork nor explanation of the problem, the Heliguy (a really helpful company by the way) technician I spoke to on the phone said it was described by DJI as "functional damage". I've asked for more information.

Total cost was £255, plus £15 for postage - I guess $300 plus?

Now I'm pondering selling the Inspire and getting a Mavic Pro 2 - if anyone has thoughts on that I'd be interested.

Cheers

Mark

I bought an Inspire 1 V2 used. Great price, but consistently had all of the listed transmission errors in this thread. I scoured this thread and tried everything to make it useful. Then, after sending it to a Los Angeles based independent DJI repair guy for a month without results... I accidentally tapped the camera mount while getting the errors and they stopped. Turns out it was one of the gimbal to Inspire ribbon cables that developed a cracked wire which all but eliminated transmission. I installed a new set and the X3 on an Inspire 1V2 flies like new with great reception up to 4000 ft and easily 1 mi. CHECK YOUR gimbal mount wires for breaks, it's not always software!

I bought an Inspire 1 V2 used. Great price, but consistently had all of the listed transmission errors in this thread. I scoured this thread and tried everything to make it useful. Then, after sending it to a Los Angeles based independent DJI repair guy for a month without results... I accidentally tapped the camera mount while getting the errors and they stopped. Turns out it was one of the gimbal to Inspire ribbon cables that developed a cracked wire which all but eliminated transmission. I installed a new set and the X3 on an Inspire 1V2 flies like new with great reception up to 4000 ft and easily 1 mi. CHECK YOUR gimbal mount wires for breaks, it's not always software!

I did try fiddling with the gimbal mount wires, there was no issues with it. Thanks for your feedback though.

Final word on the matter.

I have the Inspire 1 Pro up and running again with an X5 camera. It's on the 1.11.05 firmware, and has a GL658C Remote Control and the Aircraft is a model T600. I took it for a long flight over farmland t'other day and it flew to 750m, with no image transmission issues, perfectly stable.

Given that I fly in remote areas, within regulations and rarely near NFZ's I think I'm going to leave it as it is and see how I get on. I don't want to risking bricking the setup again.

Thanks for your help everyone, especially Brian Fist and Donnie Frank.

Cheers

Mark

Final word on the matter.

I have the Inspire 1 Pro up and running again with an X5 camera. It's on the 1.11.05 firmware, and has a GL658C Remote Control and the Aircraft is a model T600. I took it for a long flight over farmland t'other day and it flew to 750m, with no image transmission issues, perfectly stable.

Given that I fly in remote areas, within regulations and rarely near NFZ's I think I'm going to leave it as it is and see how I get on. I don't want to risking bricking the setup again.

Thanks for your help everyone, especially Brian Fist and Donnie Frank.

Cheers

Mark
My mantra has always been, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This is why I rarely do firmware and/or software updates. Developers are quick to brag about "new features" in the release notes and super slow to reveal newly-set limitations. If I had my druthers, release notes would have full disclosure BY LAW. But I digress....

If FW 1.11.xx is working for you, then stick with it.

Good luck.

D

Reactions: Marketal
Hi Folks,

I sent this to Heliguy in Newcastle who have checked it out. It appears the Drone is good - the fault lies with camera/gimbal as it works with other gimbals X3, X5 and X5R and there is live video feed. They are sending me the Drone and camera back and sending the gimbal/camera to DJI in the Netherlands for repair. I'll get a quote from them for the repair.

Their advice to me was to keep it if the repair is reasonable, but if not to sell the drone (I have 7 batteries) and invest in an up-to-date machine. This irritates me on a philosophical level - I believe obsolescence is environmentally unsound.

I wonder if I'll get my own camera back?

I'll be back in touch, soon, I hope.

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark,

Very coincidentally I’m having the same issue as you with the same kit and am pretty close by also (I’m in Inverness). Just wondering if you managed to get it repaired and if it cost an arm and a leg to do so?

Thanks in advance! Scott

My zenmuse z3 gimbals work but it has no live feed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240103_170341_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20240103_170341_DJI GO.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member