Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No "Video" Signal

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
I've been flying for two months without an issue and all the sudden I'm not getting a video signal. Its flys and tracks on the map perfectly. Just no video signal. To all that say Im too close, Ive tried moving away from it over 10m for a test. Anyone have this issue before?

TU09T2k.png

Had it once only.

Fully shut down app,tx,a/c.

Restarted as usual and video signal re established.You have probably done this.....

Not had a repeat.

HTH

I have this issue all the time, it comes and go... Could be interferences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have resolved the issue to being a problem with the camera. Used another one from a friends and it works fine. Ive contact DJI about it but never got a response.
I had the same issue. Ended up being a bent ground pin on the gimbal connector which shorted and fried my camera. To avoid sending the inspire/camera/controller to DJI for 6-8 weeks, I just went ahead and bought a new camera and gimbal connector from my local shop for $500.

I had the same issue. Ended up being a bent ground pin on the gimbal connector which shorted and fried my camera. To avoid sending the inspire/camera/controller to DJI for 6-8 weeks, I just went ahead and bought a new camera and gimbal connector from my local shop for $500.
Its not a bent pin. I put another camera on and it works.

I am having this issue way too often! It seems like a connection issue with Inspire and the Camera. Cuz I tried to shake it around with my hands.... At certain tilt or whatever vigerous movement, the connection NO SIGNAL will appear! So it is confirmed to be the connection.

I was thinking to pull the pin out alittle...

Although DJI said its under warranty, it means 1 month or more away!

Ahhhhhhh

I am having this issue way too often! It seems like a connection issue with Inspire and the Camera. Cuz I tried to shake it around with my hands.... At certain tilt or whatever vigerous movement, the connection NO SIGNAL will appear! So it is confirmed to be the connection.

I was thinking to pull the pin out alittle...

Although DJI said its under warranty, it means 1 month or more away!

Ahhhhhhh
I used a friends camera on it and it worked fine so something much have happened to the camera. DJI says I need to send the whole thing back even after I told them it was the camera. :eek:

I've been flying for two months without an issue and all the sudden I'm not getting a video signal. Its flys and tracks on the map perfectly. Just no video signal. To all that say Im too close, Ive tried moving away from it over 10m for a test. Anyone have this issue before?

TU09T2k.png

Yes! I have been seeing this with one of my controllers, the MASTER that came with the Inspire 1 back on January 2015.. Then a month later, my slave came in. Since DAY ONE the master always looses video connection like you had captured in this picture above. I made the Slave now the master and for months, NO ISSUES.

The bottom line, the problem is with the controller that came with the inspire. Must be a different manufacturing batch. I am going back and forth on this issue with my dealer UAS1 in MD, US. and wiht DJI again. it's been a challenge for two months to get a NEW replacement. I don't want this one repaired. So i am going to keep trying to get this resolved so i am NOT out of $650 US Dollars.

Hope that helped.
Steve

I took the gimbal plate off the back grommets and took the nose cone off, pulled the wires out of all the sockets and reinserted them. Problem was solved. I get perfect video now. I thought it was the Inspire since I had purchased it from B&H used. But a simple plug and play litterly. Guess the vibrations and shipping must have jarred them
Loose. Very easy fix and you don't have to break any seals that would void warranty.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
+1. Same thing happened to me with my inspire new out of the box. I removed the gimbal plate and wire harnesses and reassembled and works great now. Seems those wiring harnesses ever there come loose or don't get attached properly during assembly. Have you tried reattaching the old camera after trying your friends?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
do you also get good signal with slave controller?
although i am next to my operator tested various distance also 5m. slave video feed is unusable. why?
did someone find out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa