Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Noob question X3 to Z3

A couple more, no zoom then max optical. There, that is what the range for the Z3 is for me.

Coop Nov 3 CC 2400.JPGCoop Nov 3 CC 2400Crop .JPG

I think you were asking the OP but I am a fairly new owner of one and have taken time to use the Z3 quite a lot so I will give you some of that feedback you would like. I was interested in using it while shooting video but in he end I have come to conclude that dji’s comments that it is "optimized for still photography" is bang on. That is fine with me because I can make very good use of it taking photos. If you have realistic expectations about how far you can zoom then you will likely be happy as well. I don't like digital zoom on pretty much anything so I am attaching an example picture I took with the Z3 at max optical zoom. This was taken with the drone about 35 feet away from the structure. I hope this helps out.

View attachment 31688
My neighbor was selling a Z3 at less than half price. I flew it about 5 minutes and said, "No thanx." It's horrible for video. And honestly, that photo you took is blurry all over the place (which I'm sure you're aware of). I was NOT impressed with the Z3 AT ALL.

D

I’m mainly looking for it for a local SAR team. Don’t have a big budget right now so the Z3 would do nicely for what we are looking to do with it.

I’m mainly looking for it for a local SAR team. Don’t have a big budget right now so the Z3 would do nicely for what we are looking to do with it.
It sounds like a bang on attitude toward the camera. No photo taken with a Z3 is going to win a competition. Who cares right? The same could be said of the X3. However to me it is just useful enough to be worth owning because of its price point and what I can get with the I1 that I would not be able to get if I did not have the camera. If I owned a drone that could carry a Z30 maybe it would be a different story. I doubt it though. The Z3 is dirt cheap and the I1 is just so fun to fly :)

Hi sorry for the late reply been away working for a few days I've not really use it for video put for stills it allows a good stand off distance.

I mainly got it for roof surreys where I need to get very close in but I'm about to start testing is for video as well for a specific job unlike the X3 this camera does have auto focus but bear in mind it's and older camera so a little sluggish compared to a Mavic 2 pro for instance.
Hope that helps will post back once I've tested the video with the zoom.

Hi sorry for the late reply been away working for a few days I've not really use it for video put for stills it allows a good stand off distance.

I mainly got it for roof surreys where I need to get very close in but I'm about to start testing is for video as well for a specific job unlike the X3 this camera does have auto focus but bear in mind it's and older camera so a little sluggish compared to a Mavic 2 pro for instance.
Hope that helps will post back once I've tested the video with the zoom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar