Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Noob question

Reaction score
Can either the x4s or x5s take picture of the stars/"Milky Way pictures"? And if so does anyone have any examples?
Thanks

YES u have to set the camera facing down and then do a 180 flip and take the pic (warning) once upside down all your controls will be backwards

So use it as a hand held device and point the camera up? And can both cameras do this?

So use it as a hand held device and point the camera up? And can both cameras do this?

He was joking ;),

I dont think the x4s is qualified for this job... the x5s however has an increased dynamic range. If you put some time and effort in it it is possible to shoot some night sky activity.

And please listen to me... dont ever try to fly your filmdrone upside down :)

Reactions: Advexure
He was joking ;),

I dont think the x4s is qualified for this job... the x5s however has an increased dynamic range. If you put some time and effort in it it is possible to shoot some night sky activity.

Ah that's why I named this noob question haha. But thanks for the help. I'm deciding which one to get.

I thought that was the reason it had the sensors on the top of the drone... to use as vps when it was upside down lol. ;)

Reactions: Reinier
He was joking ;),

or at night!

As an alternatve to flipping the bird over, you could lodge it firmly in the top of a tree for some added stability ;) :D

Seriously, they can take pictures with the stars in, but they won't give you great results without doing a lot of stacking/combining & correction work in photoshop.

The long exposure times are limited (8sec is the longest I think). The camera is also on a mobile platform (quadcopter) rather than held rock steady on a tripod. Added to that the cameras are also mounted on an electronically controlled gimbal that is always jigging around and is never really static, so there will always be a subtle amount of blur on the stars.

As an alternatve to flipping the bird over, you could lodge it firmly in the top of a tree for some added stability ;) :D

Seriously, they can take pictures with the stars in, but they won't give you great results without doing a lot of stacking/combining & correction work in photoshop.

The long exposure times are limited (8sec is the longest I think). The camera is also on a mobile platform (quadcopter) rather than held rock steady on a tripod. Added to that the cameras are also mounted on an electronically controlled gimbal that is always jigging around and is never really static, so there will always be a subtle amount of blur on the stars.

Maybe you can land it upside down on top of a tall building so you are closer to the stars!
But thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Reinier
If you want to do astrophotography, I recommend to start with DSLR and wideangle lens. Here are some astrophotos Ive taken from my backyard: Frostland Observatory

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela