Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not needed, Purchased - Ronin MX, secondary optional Power Expansion Base

Reaction score
Looking for the Secondary Power Expansion Base for the Ronin MX.
It normally came with the larger battery pak... I’d like either with or without the battery pak.

If you have a RoninMX that no longer needs to power additional camera or options, I’d be interested in the Exp Power base.

I’m in the USA, Iowa... but would entertain pretty much anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap
It normally came with the larger battery pak... I’d like either with or without the battery pak.

If you have a RoninMX that no longer needs to power additional camera or options, I’d be interested in the Exp Power base.
Location?

Show me a pic of what you are looking for.

Well, I’ll be... when looking for a pic... I just noticed BH Photo has a listing for them... no one has had them for over a year or so.

They go on the rear vertical arm... ours has a blank plate covering the terminal. This plugs in and provides a mount for a 2nd battery... normally the larger unit..

it indicates Ronin or Ronin M... but other sources, including DJI state Ronin series. Adorama has one in MX kit... same unit.

As mentioned above, I was able to miraculously find one after it re-appeared after long absence on the B&H Site. I've ordered one, but I'm halfway expecting an email indicating "out of stock" too. They haven't had these for long time, very interesting how they've re-appeared.

@SanCap as DJI indicates, this power source can't be used for the RoninMX. But it's a integrated power source for any devices you want powered versus separate power mounted. So the AirCmd battery plug for the A7 series... could be connected or any device that has a power charge / aux port could be powered by alternate battery and not consume the RoninMX battery or separate battery.

Basically a cleaner interface when hanging the RoninMX and I wanted to grab one while still obtainable, and before they dried up. Not sure if "needed", more desired.

Received the Ronin Power Exp Distributor, and fits the RoninMX as designed.
It allows either the standard Ronin Battery or the larger HD Battery.
The Power Exp base plate provides 2 P-Tap ports, which are the same as D-Tap ports.
There are several Sony A7 Battery Plug to P/D-Tap adapters.
This fully passes the A7's power source to the 2nd RoninMX battery. The A7 has a little cable flap to allow the battery plug's cable to pass and close battery door.

Example adapters:
GyroVu @ $30

Multiple options to power via D-P-Tap plug.
Another useful P-Tap is a USB regulated Adapter:
2 USB ports, 1A & 2.1A with Weather Proof Cap.

Also found Micro USB, Canon, Nikon adapters or more specialized.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44