Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not sure I'm doing the Compass calibration correctly

Reaction score
On the Phantom you did the horizontal 360 and got the green light, then the vertical 360 and if I remember correctly you got flashing greens. End of story.

On the Inspire, I do the horizontal 360 and the amber turns green then the vertical 360 and the light remains green and nothing changes. The message on the app says "do you want to cancel compass calibration". So I'm not sure whether it's finished or not ?

The Inspire flies fine so I guess the compass calibration must be fine and the value is about 1500.

You have to go a bit further than 360 degrees and you can see the light is changing into yellow.The vertical dance require the same (bit more then 360 degrees)

Reading the manual ( and once again it's short on detail) but it doesn't actually say what light to expect if the calibration has been successful or am I missing something ?

So when you do the vertical 360 and go a bit past the 360, the green should turn amber ? correct ?

Reading the manual ( and once again it's short on detail) but it doesn't actually say what light to expect if the calibration has been successful or am I missing something ?

So when you do the vertical 360 and go a bit past the 360, the green should turn amber ? correct ?

Follow the directions in app for compass calibration. Once you're done and the calibration is correct, the directions screen disappears and the light flashes green.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk