Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
elevate-films.uk
A short test flight we did with the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 45mm.
This lens is amazing and offers something different to the original 15mm that came with the aircraft.
We found for the best results, you need objects in the fore and background, whilst also stabilising the footage in post to remove the slight bounce.

Hi EamonUrtone,

that's a great example of using the 45mm Olympus. I've also used it but haven't got anywhere near the clean stable footage you have. Can I ask what you used to stabilise in post and if you changed any dampers or tweaked anything to achieve such good results?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments, the first thing I do when change the lens is calibrate it through the DJI app. I've also tried to balance the lens a little by adding an ND filter to front of it to minimise the bounce. I've also found shooting at a higher shutter speed around 240, seems to make a difference compared to some of my earlier tests.

With regards to stabilising the footage, I use the warp stabilizer in adobe after effects. I found ramping this to 95% works quite well.

How to stabilize shaky video footage | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

Cheers

Eamon

Thanks Eamon,

and thanks for the link. Haven't been able to fly for a while due to wind but will try your method with an ND when I can. Will probably invest in after effects as well.

Cheers,

Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla