Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Optical positioning used outdoors

Reaction score
I live in a very wooded area and thus have difficulty obtaining sufficient GPS sats to have a position hold.

Does anyone have experience using the optical system on either the I1 or V3 outdoors and if it works fine, at what altitude is it reliable?

Thanx for any insights.

I live in a very wooded area and thus have difficulty obtaining sufficient GPS sats to have a position hold.

Does anyone have experience using the optical system on either the I1 or V3 outdoors and if it works fine, at what altitude is it reliable?

Thanx for any insights.

Yes it works fine outside - As per the manual, page 16 onwards which fully explains its function and height limitation of 0 - 2.5m (page 17)

Yes it works fine outside - As per the manual, page 16 onwards which fully explains its function and height limitation of 0 - 2.5m (page 17)
It does not seem a very useful feature, with such a limited altitude......25-35 feet would seem more useful.......I could hold the copter over my head and get more height.

Does anyone see a use for this?

i just discovered today that whilst turned on inspire 1 version D and beta fw via autoflightlogic homepage i am able to turn off VP system in the android app. - not if it has always been an option or i have done a new discovery...
m

mdomeny

you accept an NDA agreement and should not be speaking about the beta program in open forum

alan,
i am not part of any NDA or beta program... the beta fw is freely available on the homepage of auotoflight logic...
:)

it by invite to registered beta testers only via apple beta program

Last edited:
it by invite to registered beta testers only via apple beta program

the firmware is still available freely to my knowlidge... i did send my email address to autoflightlogic but did not receive any information whatsoever on how to use the from dji provided fw sdk version that is needed to use sdk app versions.
so, to make it clear: i am not part nor am i participating or have recieved any information or instructions on the sdk fw use.
so alan and everybody else please do not say that i am talking about beta program and agreed to nda because i did not.
i am not, never have been part of beta test program of any available at current time.
cheers

i am not sure what i am quoting not understanding really the sentence but i hope i made my self clear. no offence meant.

I think what they are trying to say that they are running the beta firmware which you can get from Autoflightlogics website, this is the inspire firmware only and not the actual beta version of the App they are producing. So they are crazy enough to be running a Beta firmware on their inspire 1's along with the normal DJI app which makes absolutely no sense to do in the first place!

I think what they are trying to say that they are running the beta firmware which you can get from Autoflightlogics website, this is the inspire firmware only and not the actual beta version of the App they are producing. So they are crazy enough to be running a Beta firmware on their inspire 1's along with the normal DJI app which makes absolutely no sense to do in the first place!

i did check with dji support and they confirmed that the sdk fw is available also usable not voiding the warranty of the craft. dji did release an sdk version which one has to install proir to third party app use sind the current fw does not support third party app sdk programs. the beta testing with NDA is a different room and only with people that registered. the sdk fw is the same basically as the current version with the only difference that sdk is enabled.

i did check with dji support and they confirmed that the sdk fw is available also usable not voiding the warranty of the craft. dji did release an sdk version which one has to install proir to third party app use sind the current fw does not support third party app sdk programs. the beta testing with NDA is a different room and only with people that registered. the sdk fw is the same basically as the current version with the only difference that sdk is enabled.

What is the point of using a beta firmware on your drone if you are not using it with autoflightlogics App, surely it would be safer to use the proper firmware?

What is the point of using a beta firmware on your drone if you are not using it with autoflightlogics App, surely it would be safer to use the proper firmware?
it just enables the sdk usage probability... for eg. the dji ultimate app... (which is not so good by the way but now at least i had a camera picture befor the app crash).
i am using android latest version 1.2
in the app i found the possibility to turn off the VP...
jesus, calm down people... could some admin help clarify please... mazz, editor???

it just enables the sdk usage probability... for eg. the dji ultimate app... (which is not so good by the way but now at least i had a camera picture befor the app crash).
i am using android latest version 1.2
in the app i found the possibility to turn off the VP...
jesus, calm down people... could some admin help clarify please... mazz, editor???

I am calm I'm just asking a genuine question and that was why use beta firmware which is not as stable as the official release unless you are beta testing new App's like Autoflightlogic's or similar. There is no new version of the DJI App so it's pointless using beta firmware with it

Reactions: alan brooks
hello phatzo

just had a pm from martin

" please stop raging about it and panicing the community about it. inform yourself properly before post crap like this."

in answer to that i informed him i do know what i am on about because i am a current dji beta tester

i have pointed out that his post was misleading

as he was using a third part beta app with the current public app open to sdk.
if he had stated this i would not have posted as i did

the VP has been in the app since 1.1.2 but not enabled

alan

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Hurst
hello phatzo

just had a pm from martin

" please stop raging about it and panicing the community about it. inform yourself properly before post crap like this."

in answer to that i informed him i do know what i am on about because i am a current dji beta tester

i have pointed out that his post was misleading

as he was using a third part beta app with the current public app open to sdk.
if he had stated this i would not have posted what i did

the VP has been in the app since 1.1.2 but not enabled

alan
i am Martin.
i somehow managed to make two accounts... as i stated i just discovered it. i did not know it was there as i used to work and not fiddle around in the app to much.
i just included like always and everybody does fw info and app info and which platform one is using...

edit: mdomeny and phatzo is the same person e.i. me. Martin Domeny. nice to meet you

hi martin

i was not raging on about or creating any panic ( i am well informed )
if you had been clear on the fact the you where using a third party beta app with the current public
app that has been opened to SDK
then i would not have stated the point about NDA as you now know i am beta test and well informed

so end of matter now
alan

hi richard

when is your smart charger due

Well I ordered it last night from Droneland.nl and I think the delivery said 3-5 days. Never even got an email confirmation from them, Did from Paypal. Have emailed them this morning and no response and they didn't even answer their live chat on the site so not impressed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop