Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo X5 no wifi image with Z Axis arm

Reaction score
Website
huntgroupproductions.com
I recently purchased a Z Axis arm for my X5 Osmo. Without the Z Axis arm I get a good image on either my Samsung S7 or my Mini ipad 4 via wifi. But with the arm - no image - although camera settings are all functional and I can move the camera via the Osmo joy button.
Here is the weird part - I can record video (that I can't see) and then am able to hit the play button and it will play back on either the S7 or ipad via wifi - but other than playback - no image.
I bought the Z Axis arm from Florida Drone Supply - Michael has been really great trying to help solve this - he sent me a second arm to see if that was the problem - but no. Same issue exists.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I get the feeling it is something simple - but what?

Have you tried cleaning up your contact points with a pencil rubber? It can make all the difference if a little of the wrong thing has got on them like finger oil etc. Our x5 is sensitive too at times on them.

Being that you have the same issue with 2 different Z axis, the problem must lie in the X5 or the mount on top of the Osmo handle. Check both points.
As mentioned above, pins may need cleaning, or one is bent / restricted somehow.

Success! Out of frustration I uploaded the latest firmware for Osmo Pro - v1.4.0.70 for the third time.
I guess the 3rd time really is the charm. The Osmo now works as it should - ;-)
The 1st and 2nd upload were both confirmed as successful. But apparently not.
The wonderful world of modern technology.:cool:

Glad to hear it was sorted pal, Im just about to update ours as the hardwired cable will not work without it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla