Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Patch Antenna: The Emperor's New Clothes?

I only got my inspire 2 a week ago, but it came with 2 remotes with the patch antennae attached.

Both of them loose signal with the drone completely about 500ft away over open ground. it's kind of outrageous.
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove them? or one to attach them I can follow in reverse. If it's a technical issue then i got 2 dud's with a brand new drone.

The remotes are outrageously top heavy with a clearsky plus the patch too, i'm more than happy to get rid of them. Starting to realise half the accessories that padded the price of this box are near useless...

I only got my inspire 2 a week ago, but it came with 2 remotes with the patch antennae attached.

Both of them loose signal with the drone completely about 500ft away over open ground. it's kind of outrageous.
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove them? or one to attach them I can follow in reverse. If it's a technical issue then i got 2 dud's with a brand new drone.

The remotes are outrageously top heavy with a clearsky plus the patch too, i'm more than happy to get rid of them. Starting to realise half the accessories that padded the price of this box are near useless...
Removal is simple; unscrew the antennae inputs to the RC and unplug the wiring. Unscrew the 2 small screws that attach the patch to the metal bar on the bottom of the Cendence. screw in the 2 stick antenna and you're done.

Removal is simple; unscrew the antennae inputs to the RC and unplug the wiring. Unscrew the 2 small screws that attach the patch to the metal bar on the bottom of the Cendence. screw in the 2 stick antenna and you're done.

Which way are you supposed to turn them? mine have a little bit of give in both direction then they lock up. Is the outer knurled part supposed to be able to turn independently of the cable?
I think whoever attached these in the factory screwed them on a bit too tight...

Which way are you supposed to turn them? mine have a little bit of give in both direction then they lock up. Is the outer knurled part supposed to be able to turn independently of the cable?
I think whoever attached these in the factory screwed them on a bit too tight...
They are standard threading; clockwise rotation tightens and counter clockwise loosens.

They are standard threading; clockwise rotation tightens and counter clockwise loosens.

So am I supposed to pull the cables out of the bottom of the patch antenna before I do this? The cables are too short to unscrew.
The knurled part and the cable coming out cant be moved independently of another.

You detach the cables from the RC where they're attached via a knurled barrel fitting. That's where the whips will attach. If you wanted to switch back and forth you could just detach the patch cables from the RC and screw on the whips and vice versa.

I had an early patch antenna replaced and it's been working fine ever since. It's much better than the stick antenna. Not as good as some antenna mod kits, but still much better than the standard ones. On top of that the kits do not seem to work well on the Inspire2 remote (Not the ones with the signal booster).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinr076