Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Perfect tablet for Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hello,

At first, sorry for my bad english.

I'm buying a tablet for my I1, but now, after reading a few forums about perfect tablets, i'm really confused, because people say they have problems with one type of tablet, the other say, they don't have problem with same tablets.

I was planning to buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S, just because the specifications and the price is good.

I know, most recomended tablets are Ipads, but this is a little to expenssive for me..
I was planing to buy tablet somewhere between 400€-500€

Curently, i'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and works perfect, but i want to separate phone, and use the tablet just for flying.

What tablets are you guys using? Are they do their job?
Thank you for support!

Fly safe!

:)

My iPad Mini was only about 300 Euro and works fine, completely as promised without any issue, no hick ups at all. And I'm definitely not an apple fan :)
Needs a sunshade though. Maybe the Air has a better image in sunlight?

Hiya Jankrzic,

Try & go for the IPad Air2 there's a buy now on eBay for €442

I would stay away from the Galaxy Tab S. I ended up buying a Nvida Shield to get a more stable picture. The Tab S stuttered too much for my liking. It was the best I have seen for daylight viewing however. Mine ws the 8.4 inch...
If you really must have one, I could sell you a good second hand one with only around 10 hours use, but I wouldn't go there, you will be disappointed....

I use a Google Nexus 7 mk2, it has a nice bright screen, quad core processor. I like it as the screen is 7" so not too big. it cost me £100 on eBay. Minor latency, but it is very minor and suits my needs....worth a look!

Make sure you buy the Mk2 2013> model as the Mk1 is a much lower specification.

This is like asking what's better, iPhone or Android lol. Everyone will have a different "best tablet" to suit their flying / filming style. I've found my best tablet isn't a tablet at all, it's an iPhone 6 due to its ridiculously bright screen and small enough size to have mounted on a controller along side a 7" fpv monitor for the installed 600tvl nose cam. The nexus 7 has the brightest screen I believe. But it seems to come down to gloss vs matte not brightness. Also do you need hdmi to mirror your flight app?

The best tablet I owned (and still do) is the Galaxy Tab S (you can see it here).
The screen is incredible, multitasking and gaming run smooth and don't overheat the tablet. Also, I have the 10.5".
The iPad has caught my eye..but I'm not sure it's better than the Galaxy S.

But the Tab S is terrible for the Inspire. It's slow and laggy with the video. I tried one.
If you want the very best experiance with the Inspire then that iPad Air 2 is your tablet. If you want a bit cheaper but still a good experience, then the Nvidia Shield Tablet is the one to go for.

Hello,

At first, sorry for my bad english.

I'm buying a tablet for my I1, but now, after reading a few forums about perfect tablets, i'm really confused, because people say they have problems with one type of tablet, the other say, they don't have problem with same tablets.

I was planning to buy Samsung Galaxy Tab S, just because the specifications and the price is good.

I know, most recomended tablets are Ipads, but this is a little to expenssive for me..
I was planing to buy tablet somewhere between 400€-500€

Curently, i'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and works perfect, but i want to separate phone, and use the tablet just for flying.

What tablets are you guys using? Are they do their job?
Thank you for support!

Fly safe!

:)
Jankrzic,

Just so you know, the android platform is missing features like Youtube Streaming and Flight Simulator. There is no telling when those features will be added, if ever, so if you are purchasing new, you should probably stick with the Apple device so you will not have to compromise.

Ditto the galaxy tab s the laggiest ive used so far which is suprising. My ipad mini2 is flawless, and if in the uk the cheap tesco hudl2 works great too although not quite in the league of the ipad.

My advise too would be stick with apple for now.

I would stay away from the Galaxy Tab S. I ended up buying a Nvida Shield to get a more stable picture. The Tab S stuttered too much for my liking. It was the best I have seen for daylight viewing however. Mine ws the 8.4 inch...
If you really must have one, I could sell you a good second hand one with only around 10 hours use, but I wouldn't go there, you will be disappointed....

I'm thinking about getting the shield. What has been your experience with it so far. How is it in sunlight, and how is the lag if any?

Before you make your mind up between iPad or galaxy, check out what other flying apps you might want to use in the future, I am using an iPad Air 2 with no problems what so ever, however I would also like to use the Litchi app, and this is only available on android devices,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters