Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Permits for flying in National Parks

It depends on what country you are in.
Some countries banned them in national parks - some would care less.
Here in Sweden there is no restrictions at all. I believe even it would serve some good with some beautiful youtube clips of parks to attract more visitors.

National parks begs for recording in sweden [emoji3] People askes often me to take pictures and film.
Som i will release som on the tube

Sent from my S5

Hope other parks will follow this.But I agreed that when you're in a park even I don't want to be distructed by too many drones.

The point is: they don't control ANY airspace. The local ranger was mistaken. The NPS temporary rule (you can find it online circa mid-2014) explicitly permitted flyovers if operating outside park boundaries and the NPS doesn't control US airspace. That is the FAA's domain. A different federal agency. They went out of their way to call this out.
I'd love to see the ranger's pilot license, FAA credential or even a law degree. ONLY THE FAA can restrict airspace.

I'd love to see the ranger's pilot license, FAA credential or even a law degree. ONLY THE FAA can restrict airspace.
I stand corrected. Looking at the DENVER SECTIONAL, the Colorado Monument area is a SPECIAL CONSERVATION AREA as shown on the sectional. The ranger was right when he said it was restricted airspace, not by NPS, restricted by FAA.

upload_2017-3-21_11-57-9.png

For any Canadians wondering about our National Parks, they are all closed to any aircraft (drones fall under aircraft according to Parks Canada) landing or taking off. The only exception is a medical evacuation or an aircraft in an emergency situation. Which is sad as they are stunningly beautiful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth